Chapter 35

It's been 2 days. I bought my sister a new phone, and got her a new phone number. I've enrolled my sister in Online schooling. She has already started. Alex and my sister have gotten closer too. They are attached to the hip. I'm currently shopping for groceries. They should have a Vegan section, make it easier to make Vegan friendly dinner for us. I'm walking down the meat section because Mykayla and I eat steak and chicken. Someone taps my shoulder as I push my cart, I turn around.

"You're Sage Wilder right? Can I get a picture? My daughter loves you" A lady tells me holding up her phone. I nod and take a picture.

"Can you call her?" I ask her, and her eyes widen

"Would you- I mean yes!" She tells me excitedly, I chuckled. She's going through her contacts.

"Why isn't she with you?" I ask her curiously.

"She tore her ACL a few months ago in a soccer game, so she's in therapy right now. I'm going to pick her up later" her mom tells me as she hits the Video Call button.

"May I? And what's your daughters name?" I ask her for her phone. She nods smiling and she passes me the phone "Her name is Kyleigh" she tells me. Her daughters face pops up on the screen

"Oh...my...god- Sage Wilder?!" She screams. Making her mom and I chuckle.

"Hi Kyleigh! , so your mom tells me you're in therapy?" I ask her. She nods and looks kind of sad. She's probably in a lot of pain.

"I know it hurts. It'll take time to heal but you have to keep pushing and stay strong. There will be times you want to quit, if you can just hang on and keep fighting. I guarantee you when you reach your goal, it will all be worth it. The blood, sweat and tears will be worth it. I have faith in you Kyleigh." I tell her genuinely. Sometimes someone needs to hear that. She gives me a big smile, and the tears she formed in her eyes fall and she wipes them away. She takes a deep breath.

"Thank you Sage, I don't know how to thank you for that?" She tells me as she wipes her tears

"You can thank me by working hard and being the best you, okay?" I tell her, she gives me a small smile. I give her one back.

"I have to go now, but it was really nice meeting you Kyleigh. Also by the way, you got a really cool mom here" I tell her as I wrap my arm around her mom and I hand her the phone.

"Thank you Sage, it means a lot that you did this" her mom tells me with a face eating grin.

"It was no problem ma'am" I tell her, as I walk away and head to check out.

"Hey babe" Alex tells me as I walk in with the groceries.

"Hey beautiful, where's M-kay?" I ask her as I notice my sister isn't here.

"She's in your room talking on the phone" Alex tells me as she flips through the channels. I turn around and I pull the groceries out of the bag. I feel arms wrap around my waist.

"Let me help you" Alex tells me kissing my cheek and grabs some of the groceries and limps over to the fridge. My sister comes out the room. She looks sad and hurt. I walk over to her

"What's wrong M?" I ask her, putting my hands on her shoulders. I see from the corner of my eye that Alex walks over and looks just as concerned as me.

"I finally told my team that I've moved here and they are so upset that I left them. My best friend Briana won't even talk to me because she's mad that I left her." She tells us sadly.