FP Jones 2

I was sat in a booth at Pop's diner Starring out of the window at my bike. It had been 17 years since I was last here. 17 years since I was happy and 17 years since I last saw my son and the love of my life. 

"You OK there young lady?" Pop's asked as he came over. 

"I'm OK thank you, I'm just watching the world go by." I smiled looking up at him. Pop's eyes widened for a second as he looked at me.

"Y/N Andrews, is that you?" He asked, a small, kind smiled on his face.

"In the flesh." I smiled up at him. 

"Not seen you for a long time. How have you been?" 

"Getting by." I shrugged. 

"Well, it's good to have you back, What can I get you?" 

"Burger, fried and one of you classic chocolate shakes?" I grinned. 

"Coming up." he smiled as he turned to walk away but before he left he turned back and gave me a worried smile.

"The sheriff is here, just warning you." He told me before he walked away. 

I shrugged and turned to see the Sheriff walking up to the diner, his hat hiding his face. 

"Morning Pop's, can I get a coffee?" He spoke and my eyes widened. I knew that voice but it can't be. FP Jones wasn't the north side type.

Then my suspicions were confirmed when the Sheriff took of his hat and asked Pop's about the Strange bike parked outside. 

 Pop's nodded and pointed over to me. When FP looked my way his eyes widened and he froze. My eyes never left his as he walked towards me after gaining his composure. 

"Hi." I asked looking up at the man I once loved. 

"Y/N" he asked in disbelief

"What are you doing here?" 

"I'm here to see my family." I told him. It wasn't a lie, I was here to see My brother and his nephew but mostly I wanted to see FP.

"It's been 17 years, why now?" He grumbled. 

"I missed everybody, I'm finally able to come back into town so here I am." I explained. He sighed and took a seat.

I looked over at FP as he sat in front of me. 

"So, how is he?" I asked him. It had been so long since I had seen my brother.

"He's fine, joined the Serpents while I was locked away." 

"He did what?" I asked confused. "Why the hell would he do that?" 

"Don't be so surprised, his old man is one, his mother was one..." 

"Wait...who?" I asked confused. My dad was never a Serpent. 

"The kid." FP snapped as if I had done something wrong. "Our son?" My eyes widened and I shook my head.

"We...FP, our son died, 17 years ago. Your wife killed him." I growled. FP watched me confused as tears ran down my face. 

"What?" I asked, wiping the tears away.

"Our son is not dead, he was brought up by Gladys and I after you left us high and dry." FP snapped. I shook my head, standing up and walking out. 

"No, you're lying." I called behind me. FP stood and followed behind me, he grabbed my arm and pulled me to face him.

"Why?" 

"Why, what?" I asked, a lump in my throat.

"why did you leave us." He asked me. I stayed silent, still not being able to bring myself to explain.