Jay Halstead- Chicago PD part 1

I looked up at the sign above the door and took in a deep breath gripping my bag tight.

It had been a month since I was last in town, since I let myself ruin everything I'd work so hard to get where I was. But I had a good reason. Trust me.

'Ok I can do this.' I told myself as I walked in to the hospital. My knees going week and my hands shaking I walked over to the reception desk.

"Hi, honey, how can I help you?" The receptionist smiled.

"I'm looking for..." I began, my voice shaking but before I could finish I heard my name being called.

"Y/N?" I turned around to see Will, my ex would be brother-in-law walking over.

"Will, thank God, I need to talk to you." I rushed. Will looked at me sceptically but nodded. I followed his lead to the medical teams break room where I shut the door and turned to Will.

"What do you want?" He snapped. I wasn't surprised by his reaction at all, after all. I left his brother no word of warning breaking his heart. But I had a good reason.

"Before I get into it, I need you to forget everything that happened. Forget you hate me and just think of me as someone that needs help." I asked him. He let out a frustrated sigh but nodded.

"What do you need?"

"Read this." I instructed pulling a stack of papers out of my bag and held them out towards.

"Why?"

"Because I'm about to ask you to do me a kindness and I'd rather have you know the truth."

Again Will looked at me sceptically but after a couple seconds he rolled his eyes and took the papers from me. I watched as he sat down and read them while I paced back and forward, chewing on my finger nail.

"Is this true?" He asked me as he looked up and I nodded. Then he did something I didn't expect, he stood up and hugged me, tight.

I didn't say a word, I just hugged him back, a wave of relief washed over me. Until he pulled away and walked towards the door.

"Stay here, I'll be back." He ordered then left.

"No, Will!" I called but he was gone.

I sat down on the sofa where Will had been sat and re-read the messages that ruined my life.

***
I know where you are Y/N. I know what you do and I know that you've built a life for yourself.

Well now, you're about to lose it all.

We have your brother. And you will do exactly as I say. If you so much as go to that Cop boyfriend of yours I will kill your brother.

Your not going to be happy any more  You will leave, pack your bags and leave, don't tell anybody where you're going just go.

It is in yours and your brothers best interest for you to do exactly as I say Y/N. You know what I'm capable of.

***

I sat in the break room, reading over and over until the door opened.

"What the hell Will!"I heard someone say as they were pushed through the door. I looked up to see Jay stood looking at his brother.

Just seeing him again brought tears to my eyes.

"What..." Hank began as he walked in, but then he spotted me on the sofa and he stopped. Jay looked at his, well our, boss confused but the he turned around and our eyes locked.