Alec Lightwood-Shadowhunters (Part 2)

*Two Years Later*

It had been 2 years since I was saved from Valentine and returned to my family. Two years since Jax met his father and our family, and he and I couldn't be happier. We had a family who kept us safe, kept us healthy, but mostly they make us happy.

After I made the decision to keep Jax' real dad a secret, he and Alec became closer, they developed a bond, one stronger than I have ever seen between a father and his child. As expected and Alec and Jax got closer so did Alec and I.

Currently we were is one of those places where we act like we are together, We take turns taking turns watching Jax while the other is off hunting demons, the three of us took trips out together and when Izzy or Jace wanted to take Jax off our hands we would usually just hang together, talking, watching TV and even going out to dinner together. Alec and I would often fall asleep together after we put Jax to bed and stayed in my bed falling asleep in each others arms, Waking up in a tangled mess of arms and legs, smiles on each of our faces. We had even kissed a load of times but the topic of 'us' never.

We had woken up that morning spent most of the morning in bed with Jax in the middle of Alec and I while we watched Dr Who which Jax and I had developed an addiction to, seriously, we can't start that day with out our daily dose of coffee and The Doctor or in Jax' case Orange juice and The Doctor. After the episode we all got out of bed and got dressed and since it was quiet Alec and I decided to take Jax and Max to the park near by for a picnic.

Max had come home a lot more since we came back to the institute two years ago. Alec's parents were told about my situation with Jax and they both agreed and were more than happy to keep it to themselves and they were best grandparent I could ask to be there for Jax. I was grateful to them Max and Izzy who kept our secret and took us in as their own as they had once done to Jace.

We were sat on the grass at the park, Jax running around, Alec chasing him around pretending he was some kind of monster, making Max and I laugh uncontrollably.

"He is so weird." Max laughed as Alec pretended to die as Jax poked him with a stick. I nodded and smiled. He is good with him. Max commented I looked at him and smiled "I knew he would be. A good dad I mean." He said turning to look at me.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"He was always good at looking out for Izzy and me when I was little, Izzy too. We were lucky to have Alec as a big brother, he always took care of us and now he gets to look after Jackson the same way, only he's Jackson's Dad." He explained, returning his gaze back to Alec and Jax who were now having a tickle fight.

"He was always good and looking out for other people and taking care of us. That's why I'm glad Jax has somebody like him to look up to." I laughed as Jax spotted Max and I and Began waving.

We waved back and I watched as Alec whispered something to Jax who nodded and they both ran towards us I watched, already knowing what was coming I braced myself to be tackled by Jax and Alec.

Max looked at me confused and back to the boys who then both jumped on top of me and began kissing my face all over making my laugh, Max too. "Okay, okay. that's enough you two." I laughed they both climbed off of me and Jax ran off, pulling Max along with him.

"Come on Uncle Max, let's go play, Daddy needs to sit down with mummy for a bit." Jax instructed.

Alec helped me up and we sat there watching the two boys play. We sat in silence, not an awkward one, a happy and calm, blissful silence, that was until my phone buzzed. I looked at it to find a text from Izzy. 'Just had a this sent to me by Max' Underneath is a picture of Alec, Jax and I just before I fell backwards. It looked so cute I smiled and showed Alec who asked me to send it to him, I did so and set the photo as my wallpaper before Alec grabbed my phone and turned the camera on.