XXXIV.) tainted

(this is the continuation of the last chapter, and it shows their current state upon deciding to give up their relationship for someone else. enjoy!)

Chaeyoung's pov
It has been a whole day without communicating with Y/N. I want to reach out, I badly want to. But the thought of me who caused her this so much pain is what stopping me.

We just finished doing an interview and now we are finally resting in our house.

I ruffled my hair in annoyance as I groaned in my current state.

All of this notifications but none of them are from Y/N.

I wonder how Y/N is doing right now. Has she already ate? Is she drinking alcohol again? Is she munching on junkfoods? I shifted in the sofa because of how paranoid I'm getting.

"Chaeng, go to sleep. You look like a mess right now." Jennie said to me while she walks towards her bedroom.

I sigh as I got up and went to my bedroom to fall asleep.

My phone rang as I saw Chanyeol trying to facetime me.

sliding the answer button won't hurt

You did this even before you and Y/N are a thing, so what's stopping you?

I answered the call as I saw him beamed in the phone screen.

"Hi sweetie, I miss you." He exclaimed softly

I just smiled at him as I turn to the other side of the bed.

"Are you going to sleep? I'am near your house, can we meet up?" He asked me

I mean, it isn't a bad thing considering me and Y/N broke up. So I agreed to him and got dressed and snuck myself out of the house.

//

It was getting late and the customers inside this place are all old men, so no one could recognize us

"What's the problem? You seem grumpy." He asked while chugging down his soju

I'm not in the mood to drink so I just ordered some soup and soda.

I didn't respond to him as I scoop up the soup and slurped it silently.

"Let me guess, you finally broke up with that mediocre photographer who works at your company right?" He boastfully stated

I shot my eyes up at him and glared at him.

"Stop talking about her like that. You don't even know her." I spat back with a low voice

"Geez, I was just stating a fact. Her works aren't even that good, I don't know why ahjussi Cha picke-"

"Shut the fuck up, you're too full of yourself. Why did you even invite me here?"

He slumped back down on his seat and a smirk was plastered on his face.