XLV.) can we just talk?

Your pov
Cold sweat was forming above my forehead as I sat in the living room and wait for Chaeyoung to grab some water from the kitchen.

I roamed my eyes around the place and a lot of pictures of him and her scattered in an organised manner, as if the picture frames were meant to be plastered onto the wall to signify that the both of them are married and held a strong superiority for the visitors to boast to.

Shuffling of footsteps were heard coming closer to where I'm at making me straight up at my seat.

I followed her actions as she put down the glass of ice cold water on top of the coffee table and she sat herself a bit distant from where I'm at visibly aware of the awkward tension building up.

The quietness and bluntness of their house was also not helping the situation at all.

I coughed the lump forming at my throat as I glanced quickly at her direction to nod and smile as I grabbed the glass of water afterwards.

I made audible gulps not noticing how thirsty I am ever since I stepped a foot inside this godamn house as I chug it all quickly and placed it back down.

Chaeyoung let out an air from her nose as she chuckled lightly at me.
"You seem thirsty, want more?"

I ignored the sexual inuendo tracing at her sentence as I told her I'm good.

She nodded as she leans her back against the sofa and let out a sigh.

"Oh right the food, have you eaten? Mind if you join me?" She widened her eyes and bolted up in her seat swiftly opening the take outs one by one carefully while lending her ears for my answer.

"Uhm yeah sure." I let out a chuckle to lighten the mood.

She looked at my direction as she spoke, "What about your job? I mean, your boss might scold you." Concern tugging on her lips.

"Oh that, don't worry about it. Jeongie is my boss so...yeah." I shrugged

If Rosé was a different person, a stranger or an acquaintance perhaps, they might scrunch up their face upon hearing that I work in a Korean take out and that my boss is my friend, but with her, it's different.

She seem foreign, as if a new encounter across the street, yet she feels like home where you could throw anything up your sleeve and judgement was the last thing on her mind.

She gave her warmest smile at me as she handed me the spoon and fork to start eating.

The space between us earlier is now occupied.

//

Chanyeol's pov
"Bro, your spending most of your time outside, your image to the parents of Chaeyoung would change once they found out about your true intentions."
My friend Sehun said to me

"I could care less. Besides, I got what I wanted and we're legally tied, so what's there to be afraid of?" I proudly replied while sipping at my martini

We're at a yacht having a blast while bodies of curvy girls are dancing in a bikini for us to enjoy.

"Damn, you're really something else!" He pushed me playfully as we both laugh

"I'm not gonna get caught if I'm careful right? So let's enjoy the day!"

//

Chaeyoung's pov
"So how are you?" I broke off after countless minutes of awkwardness and neither of us speaking out.

"I-it wasn't that good but I'm trying my best to be better now." She stammered at the beginning but somehow regained her composure along the way.