XXXVI.) drifting apart

Your pov
After the day that Chaeyoung and I both had our closure, everything went back to normal until this past week I feel like she's being cold towards me.

~ flashback ~

"Hey guys I brought some lunch!" I enthusiastically said to the girls inside their rehearsing studio. Even though Chaeyoung and I both parted ways, our tradition as a friend never really left us.

We curtly nodded at each other but Chaeyoung only glanced up at her phone and then continued ignoring me.

The tension became thick until I excused myself and they said thank you and goodbye in unison.

--
3 days later

I was walking in the hallway of the company to go to the studio until I saw Chaeyoung walking in front of me.

I can visibly see her tense up as her eyes landed at me.

"Hey Rosé, are you guys on a water break?" I asked her as she wanders her eyes around

"Uhh yes, uhhh I mean no but uhh our water break is almost done so.." She stammered her words as if she's being confronted by a police.

"Mind if I walk you there?" I offered as she let out a nervous laugh

"Uhm no, I can do it thank you for the help though." She grimaced as she made her way towards her destination.

What's up with her?

--

Those days went by like that as if she's hiding something from me. But who am I to complain though? We're not even together.

It doesn't really matter that much to me but I just don't like the way she acts as if our memories together didn't happen. Atleast treat me as a friend right?

~ end of flashback ~

The rest of the month have been like that, whenever we'll bump each other in the hallway she would pretend she didn't see me or she would pretend she's talking on the phone.

It hurts. Yes I haven't still moved on from her. I mean, she's my first and was hopeful to be the last but the love we shared has a different ending that lead us to seperate our paths.

It sucks when she'll act like I'm a stranger and forget all our memories together, on the other hand, my stomach can't handle the fact that she might really be having fun with Chanyeol and really moving forward to the better days.

Chaeyoung's pov
This past month have been very hectic for me. My sister just graduated and got a law degree which made me feel a lot of pride for her, my parents are now saving up some money from our business since they're getting old and planning to settle down and just rest for the remaining days of their life.

Which led me to be paranoid about it. My sister and I are now succesful in different fields, which makes it easier to give our eomma and appa a leisure time once we go back to our homeland. And I want to make their wish for me to come true, and that is to give them a grandchildren and to be present at my wedding.

I've been avoiding any interaction to Y/N since my current situation is a wreck and I don't want her to drag along to any casualties I may encounter once this mess is finally over.

My heart aches for her every time I see her try to come up a conversation yet I'd drop the topic immediately and excuse myself. She never stopped loving me up until now and I can feel it.

"Chaeng, did you hear what appa said?" My father asked through facetime. I realized I zoned out for quite a bit there

"What was it again? I'm sorry appa."

"I said, go tell Chanyeol to meet me up some time and we'll drink together."

I huffed inwardly when he mentioned his name.

"Yes appa, I will." I replied back to him while making myself busy

"I really like that boy, make sure to marry that or else I won't accept your child if the father isn't him." He stated catching me off guard

Those simple words made the hairs on my back stand up and shivers ran down my spine at the thought of the future.

"Yes appa I promise." I replied flatly

We said goodbye and I miss you to each other as we both hung up the phone.

That phone call scared the shit out of me.

//

Your pov
I was supposed to meet up with Jeongie today but she apologized for she is busy today and I said it's fine and we decided to reschedule our girls night out.

I made my way to the parking lot of the company to take a quick smoke to relieve my nerves from all the miseries that are happening right now.

As I was almost finished taking a last long drag of my cigarette, I felt my phone buzzed and fetched it from my pocket. It was an unknown number

Unknown:
Hey Y/N, how have you been? You never gave me your phone number but we once enjoyed a night at a party together ;) Let's hang out some time, my treat. Hope to hear from you! If this is really your number please reply. Oh this is Seulgi by the way.

--

a/n: sorry for not being able to post right away. tomorrow is weekends so I'll make sure to update this book!! Btw I have a crush inside our room, she's my classmate and she also love kpop and man, her actions, gestures, and facial expressions reminds me of rosé sometimes. She is a very sweet, timid and shy girl but she is REALLY crazy once you get along with her.

I have a genuine question: i do not mean to stereotype but how can you tell if someone is attracted to same gender? help me pls

ps. that girl motivated me to practice the choreography of Serendipity by Jimin bc u know, we need to step up our game sometimes, i don't even like bts that much sorry if u're an army lmao. the things I do for love im so whipped.

how are you doing and feeling rn?