XLII.) hericane

Seulgi's pov
It's 3am in the morning and I couldn't get back to sleep now that I see how bruised Y/N's face is and remembering her words made me lose my drive to sleep.

I decided to get up and grab my robe and headed near the window to smoke the stress away. I rarely do smoke whenever the stress and fatigue is getting too much to handle.

The sun is slowly welcoming the city with its light and I looked behind me to see Y/N having a very deep sleep, she would have to deal with a massive hangover for later

As I ponder my thoughts, I couldn't help but to overthink the whole situation thats happening right now.

The game of connecting the dots are finally getting clearer and vivid but I didn't want to believe any of my guts until they come out from my girlfriends own mouth.

I inhaled the cigarette and the lump building inside my throat became concrete and harder to avoid.

As my train of thoughts became foggy and distant, it somehow made my feelings light and afloat despite the heavy feeling I've been dreading right now.

I didn't want to look back to bed in fear of breaking down if I did so.

--

I haven't realized I've been transported into another dimension until my waist was being wrapped by Y/N.

"Why are you up so early?" She mumbled sheepishly as she nuzzled her face into my neck

"Can't sleep" I replied flatly. As I let her tangle herself around me, too tired to even respond to her affection.

"My head hurts so bad and I don't remember having these bruises." She said removing her face into my neck and turning me around to face her.

A lot of pride has been swallowed and composed just for her to avoid any suspicions from last night.

I couldn't bare to see her like this when I'm also hurting because of her oblivious actions.

"Everythings fine now baby, get back to sleep it's too early." I cooed at her while grabbing her cheeks and giving her the softest peck.

She nodded and she went to the bed and tucked herself from the duvet.

Once I made sure she's dead asleep, I made my way into the closet and got dressed and headed outside to leave for a while.

I couldn't bear to have another day with her today. I needed a moment for myself.

Chaeyoung's pov
~ at home after the incident ~

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I exasperatedly screamed at him while flying my arms out in the air

"I just didn't want you to get hurt by her again." He said while trying to grab my hands as I pulled them away harshly