30

The next moment i am woken not by gentle hands. It is a loud scream that wakes me up.

'Josephine Langford! Dont tell this is it what i see!' i hear my mom's voice. I raise on my elbows and then realise that  Hero is cuddled next to him in his sleep. He came to my room last night but i didnt think last night that everything would end up with my mom screaming.

Shit, her screams have woken up the whole house. I can see Kate's head pop into quickly. When she sees me and Hero, she smiles and runs to the shower. Hero is waking up slowly too. When he sees my mom in the doorway he cusses and covers himself with the rest of my blanket.

'I'm waiting for the explanations,' mom says strictly.

'Can you let us get dressed at least?!' i say in a raspy voice. 'And we'll be late for school.'

'You'd better think about it before you had invited a boy in your bed, young lady!' says mom. She doesnt leave my room.

'So you know Kate ivites someone almost every other night. I can hear it. If you get on our floor in the middle of a night, you will hear it too,' i spit.

'I will talk to Kate about it later. You're the one who is in a bed with a  boy!'

I roar. 'Mom! Can you leave us for a while?!'

She is standing in her place for another few seconds and then leaves slamming the door behind her.

'Fuck!' Hero cusses again as he gets out off my bed.

'I'm so sorry,' i mumble and burst into crying. Hero immediately runs up to me and hugs.

'It's not your fault,' he comforts me patting my head.' I was here too. I'm the one who should say sorry to you. If i hadnt come to you last night, we wouldnt be in this shit. I'm with you and on your side.'

'There is my fault too for letting you in,' i sob and cry even harder. Hero chuckles and kisses my head.

'I love you, Jo,' he says. These sudden words startle me. My tears stop for a moment and i look at him.

'I can drive you to school,' he says.

'My mom wont even let me look at you,' i hesistate.

'Dont worry, i'll get you out of here,' and he winks. He commands me to get ready quickly and texts Mercy to grab some packed lunch for him. Wthen i am fully dressed and freshly washed we go out of my room.

'We will have to run,' informs Hero who checked on my parents' presence in the kitchen or living-room. I nod. He grabs my hand and we run downstairs first and then past my mom and right out though the door. We hear my mom shouting at us something but we dont stop and get right into Hero's car. At least, mom didnt run after us.mercy joins us in a few minutes.

'Why in such a hurry?' she asks surprised and hands out a paked lunch to Hero.

'Caught at the crime scene,' says Hero and we both burst into laugh from his words . you cant deny,they are perfect for this situation.

Hero passes the package to me and i bother no asking permission to enjoy the food. Hero asks me to feed him from time to time.

When we stop at the parking-lot, Mercy gets off with a quick goodbye murmur and Hero and I stay alone for a while to enjoy some time alone. Our discussion lasts a bit too long and we get late to our first periods. Mine is English and i find out that my mark for the test is not that bad as i thought it would be. Biology doesnt seem a problem to me now with a new lab partner. With the last bell i run to Hero's car and we do what every other normal couple does - go on a date. We have a little picnic in the park which consisted of the food we managed to take from the school cafeteria. We didnt have much food though and our picnic had to be stopped. Then Hero decided to take me to the movies. He said we needed to take a little ride as he didnt want to leave his car far from the place he was at. While we are walking to his car a questions forms in my head. I have wanted to ask it since yesterday but Hero is a great distruction for me.