Chapter 28

Jay picked me up in his car the next day to take me to school. I was nervous because Jay is extremely popular in school. I have a feeling everybody is going to be talking about me today. My suspicions were correct. Once we got to the school, everyone was staring at me. Jay got out of the car and ran over to my side.

He opened my door and we walked into the school. We stopped at my locker and everyone around us were whispering. "Jay, I don't know if this is such a good idea" I told him. "Nonsense. Their all just talk, no bite. I promise" he said wrapping his arm around my waist.

I reached for my books, but he grabbed them instead. "You can't carry your books on crutches, I'll carry them" I gave him a half smile. "Thanks" Jay didn't know how much I like doing things on my own. We walked to my first class luckily avoiding Lily, Jay's ex girlfriend. Lily is head of the cheer squad and gets everything she wants.

She will probably kill me once she thinks Jay and I are dating. I was bullied in school before I left for Cali. Lily was the main person who bullied me. Physically and verbally. I haven't ran into her since I've been back and I'm so relieved. I think that's going to change since Jay wants her jealous.

The rest of the day went pretty fast, and I didn't see Lily. I sat next to Jay at lunch like I always do and nobody thought we were dating at our table. I was thankful because I am really bad at lieing. Sabrina eyed us though when he put his arm around me. It's really hard to keep a secret from your best friend.

The school day went on and people asked me about Jay. I just told them what they wanted to hear. It was kind of weird pretending to date one of your close friends though.

After school I headed to therapy. Today is the day I find out if I will be able to walk. I was so nervous and started pinching my leg. That started to be my new habit when I was anxious. Dr. Kalaham called me back and walked back into the room.

"Ready?" she asked me. I nodded and handed her my crutches. I held on to the wall afraid of falling. I took a few steps like that and Dr. K told me to let go of the wall. I did as told, but was too scared to go on. "You can do it Rebecca. I know you can" she said.

"What if I can't?" my voice shaky. "Then we keep working at it. Just take a step" I put my left foot out and then my right. I was doing it. I was walking! Just as everything was going good, I feel myself falling backwards. I braced myself for hitting the floor, but it didn't happen.

Someone had caught me. I looked up and saw a pair of green eyes looking at me. "Connor!" I said tearing up. "Hey Becca" he said smiling. He helped me sit down. "You walked!" he hugged me. "I know. Why are you here?" Dr. K just sat there watching our little reunion.

"I can't just come see my cousin every once in a while?" he sat in the seat next to me.

"I guess so, but what's the real reason?" I knew that wasn't the reason he was here. It couldn't be. "I'm going to let you two talk while I go fill out some paper work" Dr. Kalaham told us. She walked out of the room and I looked at Connor.

"So, you gonna tell me? Or nah?" he laughed at my Nash Grier inmpression.

"Do you want to come live in Cali again?"

_______________________________________________

Okay so today may be the last day I have my phone so I wanted to update for you guys. This chapter is kind of boring and I wish I would have put more effort into it but its kind of just a filler.

Sorry if u hate me :/

~Miranda Moran