33

MIA'S POV:

I couldn't believe this. How could Logan do this to me? I knew he was an ass but this was my sister. In the hospital. Just because he had nobody to love or care about didn't mean he had to make everyone around him just as miserable and alone.

I stomped back up the stairs, wanting to get as far away from him as possible. I couldn't stand the sight of him. Gavin looked at me with soft eyes when I passed him, shoving the door to my room open and throwing myself onto the bed.

I felt sick to my stomach. My sister had been alone in the house and someone had attacked. A few of my father's men would've been outside but they clearly were no help and she'd gotten hurt. I couldn't imagine how scared she must've been. And now, all I could do was sit around and worry about her, not knowing if she'd woken up, or if she was even going to.

My tears soaked my pillows, my head buried beneath them. My whole body rocked with sobs. I hated Logan. I hated him so much. What possible reason could he have for keeping me away from my family.

I cried until I couldn't anymore. My eyes burned and my head felt heavy. I sunk into the covers, burying myself in the soft blankets. A knock sounded at the door but I ignored it, keeping my head under the covers, even when I heard the door open. "Miss?" I heard Kevin call and rolled my swollen eyes. I didn't bother to answer him or move and he cleared his throat. "Mr Sternato has... requested to... see you."

I scoffed. "Tell him he can go fuck himself."

Kevin stayed silent for a long time before clearing his throat. "Miss?"

"Go away!" I yelled, curling myself up into a ball and burying my face in my hands. I sighed in relief when the door shut and it didn't seem like he was coming back. I closed my eyes and tried my best to imagine I was back at home, tucked in my own bed. I missed my family so much and my old life seemed like a dream now. I missed college and work and having friends. I missed flirting with guys just for the sake of it, I missed parties and drinking and shopping and eating in restaurants. I missed my freedom.

I'd been an idiot, letting myself believe that I could make this work. I should never have crossed the line with Logan and allowed myself to believe he could actually care. I should never have let myself start to care. I was his prisoner, nothing more. He was the man that had taken me away from my family, the man that had taken my freedom. His looks, his ability to make me scream, none of that mattered and I'd been stupid to let myself get distracted.

I started to cry again. I heard the door to my room open again and tensed, hoping to God it wasn't Logan. Whoever it was, they didn't speak and I tried my best to silence my cries, not wanting him to hear how pathetic I was. "Mia?"

It was Gavin's soft voice that whispered my name before he settled on the edge of my bed. I felt his hand settle on my shoulder through the covers. "I'm sorry about your sister," he said. I didn't say anything in response. Despite his kindness, I wasn't interested in engaging in conversation. I just wanted to be left alone to wallow.

"Mia, you need to come downstairs," he said and I frowned, "Logan's waiting for you,"

"No," I argued immediately.

"Mia," he called again. "He's going to the hospital to check on the men that got injured. You can see your sister."

I threw the covers off me, turning to face my friend with my breath caught in my throat. His eyes filled with sympathy when he saw my reddened face and swollen eyes. "Really? He changed his mind? I can see her?"

Gavin nodded with a small smile. "Come on."

I shuffled off the bed, following him out of the room and desperately trying to dry my cheeks with my sleeve. Downstairs, Logan stood amongst a cluster of his soldiers and only turned to face me when I approached him. "Let's go," he said simply, nodding to the men that started to head outside.