Their rivalry was alive.

WARNING

Profanity 

Todoroki P.O.V

I arrived at work the day after saving (Y/N) to a very cold reception. Bakugou was sat in the foyer of the agency on his phone. He usually greets me with some form of insult but this morning he did not even acknowledge me. I sat next to him on the sofa, leaving a small gap between us. I gave him a brief hello before looking at my phone. No messages. I text (Y/N) this morning but she had not responded. I put my phone down on the sofa and went to get a glass of water. 

Bakugou P.O.V

I heard a ping come from the side of me. I looked down to see a message flash on Icyhot's phone. I glanced down to see a text from (Y/N).

8.31  (Y/N) to Todoroki

Hey Shoto thanks for taking such good care of me last night. I really enjoyed your company. Let's do it again sometime :-) xx

I clenched the arm of the sofa, a smouldering started beneath my palm. Icyhot came back over and sat on the sofa. "What did you do last night half and half?" I questioned. "No much, got some food then had an early night. How about you?" Icyhot responded. "Same" I grunted. This bastard is lying, lying through his teeth. Why is he lying to me? What happened with (Y/N) last night? What does she mean by taking such good care of her? My mind reeled with questions. I need to show this fucker how it is done. He is nothing compared to me. (Y/N) would see that tonight. At that moment we both received a call, a gang of villains attempting to rob a bank downtown. 

Third Person P.O.V

Todoroki and Bakugou rushed downtown. Todoroki travelling at high speed using ice to move along the payment. Bakugou kept up with Todoroki using small blasts from his hands to move through the air. When they arrived they saw 5 villains working together to rob a bank. Bakugou was the first to rush in fighting with a villain who was guarding the entrance. He pulled his arm back, clenched his fist and jumped towards the villain. His fist made contact with the villain's cheek, knocking the villain to the floor. Bakugou landed on top of the villain, he lifted his palm and faced it towards his face and laughed maniacally. At that moment it was hard to tell who was the villain. "Die, die, DIE!" he screamed as his palm started to spark. Todoroki ran over to Bakugou and pulled him off the villain. As Todoroki pulled Bakugou by his arm, Bakugou swung around and punched Todoroki in the stomach. "I don't need your help bastard. Don't think you are better than me. I ALWAYS win." Bakugou shouted. Todoroki's face scrunched up in confusion, his brows furrowed. At that moment the police officers ran to the villain and restrained him. Todoroki pulled himself from his state of shock and ran into the building freezing the second villain in his ice, immobilising him instantly. Looking across the bank Todoroki saw that Bakugou had taken another of the villains down by blasting him into the wall behind them. "That's 2 - 1 to me Icyhot" Bakugou smirked. Todoroki realised that this was a competition to Bakugou and he was losing. 2 villains left. He would not lose to Bakugou. He ran towards the safe where the last two villains were attempting to break in. As he arrived in the room he disarmed one of the villains using his left side, the villain was startled and knocked unconscious. That is 2 - 2 he thought. As Todoroki rushed towards the last villain he stumbled to the side from the blast and force that came from behind him. Bakugou propelled himself past Todoroki, smirking as he passed by him. He swung his right leg around in the air and landed a harsh blow to the side of the villains head. "I beat your ass Icyhot, again!" Bakugou exclaimed. 

The day continued much the same. Fight after fight Bakugou kept score. At the end of the day the villain count was 13 - 11 to Bakugou. They both arrived back at the agency. Barely a word passed between them apart from the constant teasing from Bakugou. "What the hell is your problem today Bakugou? We are the good guys remember? We are on the same team so why are you fighting me?" Todoroki abruptly questioned. "You just can't handle the fact that I always win. And I will win the next fight as well." He snarkily replied. Todoroki stared at him with utter disbelief. "What did you do last night?" Bakugou asked slowly, accentuating each word. Todoroki looked at the male's crimson eyes, they held anger and it looked like he was hurt. Todoroki struggled to find words but he knew that Bakugou must know. "So this is about (Y/N) then?" Todoroki said with a heavy sigh. Bakugou grunted, signaling to Todoroki that he was right. The heterochromatic male gave in, he told Bakugou about his evening. He told him everything, from the soba to her story about her parents and finally about the perfect kiss they shared. Bakugou took a minute to digest the information and then smirked. "Well we have a date tonight and I bet by the time I am finished she won't even remember your name." Bakugou taunted. 

"I will take that bet!" Todoroki snarled. 

Bakugou reached for his phone typing a text to (Y/N). 

16.13  Bakugou to (Y/N)

Can't wait to see you tonight. You better be ready to repay me for my heroic actions yesterday ;-).

16.16  (Y.N) to B

I am sure I can repay you adequately but can you keep up with me? Injured or not I am quite the handful.

Bakugou showed the text to Todoroki, smirking as he watched his rival blush and look away.

Their rivalry was alive and well. Little did they know that their rivalry would only further (Y/N)'s plans and they would play right into her hands.