Chapter 7

You pushed yourself to run faster, following the strong smell of hostility as you begin to near the area but the skidded to a stop as your eyes widened, you were too late. The bullet landed on its Target as Avdol fell back, blood flowing out of him like water, "Mr. Avdol/0Sir Avdol!", yours and Kakyoin's voice mingle together as you rushed over to Avdol fallen body, you know it's next to Avdol with Kakyoin and checked his pulse, you lowly sigh in relief when his pulse was faint but still there, you gave Kakyoin a look of reassurance before you mentioned towards Polnareff, he seemed to get the idea and played the part as he brought Avdol to his lap and shook him. "Mr. Avdol!", Kakyoin cried before setting him down, you grit your teeth to show your "grief" until Polnareff kicked the dirt making you and Kakyoin turn to look at him, "That's what he gets for lecturing people, look at him now", "What did you say Polnareff", Kakyoin grit out as your eyes narrowed. "Mr. Avdol was worried about you!", "Who asked him to help, because I never did, he likes to meddle in other people's business but he's slow as hell so they got him, guys like him get in the way and screw up that's why I said I was going in alone!", Polnareff claims, you scowled, "You bastard, he saved your life, how dare you!", Kakyoin growls as you stood up but paused when you smelled tears, looking at a shaking figure you finally caught on to how he really felt.

"I am sick of it", Polnareff finally turns around and you see the tears as he looks at you and Kakyoin, "having people die on me", he lets out a choked sob, "Polnareff...", Kakyoin speaks softly as you bit your lip, "I'm so sick of it, you hear me!!!", Polnareff cries. The enemy chuckled as he threw down his cigarette, "For such a tough guy he sure was easy to finish off, but the end is usually a pretty sudden Curtain Call you know, most folks don't usually get to say goodbye especially with a bullet to the brains involved", he lets out a laugh, "think of that as a little parting gift with them before I make you croak", he taunts, just as Polnareff walks over you immediately grab hold of his shoulder pulling him back.

"(Y/n) wha-", "Bring it on you low-life, petty men like you two don't deserve a quick death", your strides are more confident as you step forward, the cowboy was briefly surprised until he smirked, "My oh my~, what do we have here", he purred, "(Y/n) no! You have to pull back we don't know what-!", "You don't but I do", with that you took off your glasses and put it in your pocket, "His is a gun, floating and waiting to be used", you point at the man before you as your eyes glowed. He gaped at you momentarily as Polnareff also tried to deter you, "(Y/n) stop! This will-", "Hey polnareff!", a voice cackled before it burst out laughing, you need your eyes as you look directly at the Stand, "It was your fault Avdol died you know, I think that means you owe him, it only seems fair", the stand cruelly purred as Polnareff looked around as you hissed, "Your friend bit the dust because of you", it laughed, "Damn you, you bastard! Where is your real body!", Polnareff demands.

"Polnareff calm down!", Kakyoin ordered making the Frenchman stiffen as you kept an eye on the gun-wielding stand user, "but there's no need to be sad, actually you should be happy, you're about to see your dear friend again, you'll soon be dead and you can join the afterlife with those two fools you're welcome, I have to say your sister was very sweet once you're reunited with your sister be sure to ask her exactly how I killed her, we had such a ball!", the stand cackles. Polnareff, in a blind rage, summoned silver chariot, "Polnareff don't fall for his tricks he wants you to attack!", Kakyoin warned, you nearly summon Wild Card but backed off when Polnareff destroyed the mirror, only to freeze when the stand was alright, "Oh didn't you know? Your Chariot cannot cut my Hanged Man", he wickedly flaunted. Your growl as you eyed the stand and cowboy carefully, you were too focused on formulating a plan that you nearly missed what the stand said, "-Hol horse fire way, let's put an end to this idiot!", "Aye aye sir", the man now known - now Hol Horse - brought up his stand and pulled the trigger just as Hanged Man shouted "Die", you heard Kakyoin's voice as hamon surged through you, "Emerald splash!/ hamon air burst!". Polnareff was knocked to the ground as you repelled all incoming attacks as wind burst outward from your body, "What the-?!", you ignore Hol horse as you quickly helped up Polnareff with little to no struggle, "Come on Polnareff!", you shout, you were about to summon Wild Card until the sound of a moving vehicle caught your attention, "(Y/n)!", you hear Kakyoin call out to you.

Looking at the moving truck you saw that Kakyoin was driving it, "Kakyoin!", you jerk forward with Polnareff, Kakyoin threw his door open and outstretched his arm towards you, you grab hold of his hand and put some strength in your legs to jump in. You're lucky but Kakyoin had to help pull you in, you situated yourself between Polnareff and Kakyoin once seated but sadly you were rather a bit cramped, you couldn't complain though since the situation at hand was more important. Looking at the mirror you furrow your brows at Avdol's body counting on Mr. Joestar and Jotaro to find him, "I'm so sorry, kakyoin, (Y/n)", Polnareff sorrowfully apologizes, you let out a deep sigh as Kakyoin lets out an agitated growl. "It-it's just that, I thought that so long as I could avenge my sister I wouldn't care if I lived or died but I understand it now, I know Avdol was fighting for me his sacrifice won't be for naught", Polnareff revealed, Kakyoin kept a hard look on his face as he paid attention to the road, but you saw it soften up at Polnareff claim," I'll fight to keep on living", Kakyoin eyes narrowed as you closed yours, "You sure that you really mean that Polnareff?", he interrogated. "Oui", Polnareff confirms as you duck down when Kakyoin slammed his elbow to Polnareff nose, "That's all I'm giving you as proof that we made up, Polnareff", Kakyoin declared as you slowly lean back to your seat, "R-Right- Merci Kakyoin", Polnareff groans out as you sigh.

"When these bastards come after us again, I swear we'll defeat them together, Kakyoin decares, you huff at him making him raise a brow at you, "What?", "They are already coming after us Kak", you state giving Polnareff a napkin, "How-", "I can smell hostility remember", you give him a lazy grin. "You know I was so sure that I stab him with my sword, but my strike never hit him", Polnareff begins to explain with furrowed brows as you look out the window behind you, "It was like he wasn't even there", he continues and grabs the mirror on the truck's ceiling. "Even breaking the mirror into pieces didn't stop him, the Hanged Man just attacked from the shards, how in the hell am I supposed to fight against that, he attacks from your reflection but his knife sinks into your real flesh and my stand can go inside mirrors, how are we supposed to attack him if he's in some kind of mirror world! Dammit!", Polnareff rages, throwing the mirror out the window, "Polnareff, you keep talking about "inside the mirror" or "in the mirror world", but there is no such thing as a world in a mirror, remember this is reality, not fantasy", Kakyoin reminded as you begin to drown out their voices.

Taking deep inhale through your nose you carefully try to sniff out any hostility, you furrowed your brows when the smell was constantly fading and strengthening, with widened eyes you slowly began to realize that he was already in the truck. "He's already here!", you shout, both men turn to you in surprise until something glinted in your peripheral vision, looking at the steering wheel with furrowed brows you swore, "Shit, sorry boys, but I'm going to have to do something stupid, cover your heads", you warned, "Wait what?/(Y/n) wha-", both Kakyoin and Polnareff simultaneously ask as hamon travels into your fist as you destroy the Chrome of the wheel. The car swerves for a moment before it flips through the air.