Chapter 34

Jotaro seated himself at the table and looked over his shoulder at you, "(Y/n), sit down next to me would ya", tilting your head to the side in mild confusion you didn't argue as you sat down next to him in a nearby chair. "I don't mean to sound too pushy, but why exactly do you want me to sit next to you Kujo?", you ask as Iggy trotted over and hopped onto your lap, "Back in Japan there is a cat known as a Maneki Neko, it often brings good luck to the person who has one, you're going to be a Maneki Neko stand-in for now", Jotaro explains briefly before having D'Arby shuffle the cards.

"Did he really just call me lucky?", you silently ponder as Jotaro calls out all the cards that D'Arby held, "Huh?! He guessed them all and that's after D'Arby shuffled the deck, how did you do that?!",  Avdol exclaims. "I could rattle off the entire deck if I wanted to, remember my request from earlier, while you were busy shuffling the cards Star Platinum was busy memorizing their order in the deck", Jotaro explains, "Quite the interesting strategy, that said, deafening your plan is a simple matter of shuffling the cards in a manner that obscures your vision of them", D'Arby tried to retort.

"Are you that dense, cheating is going to be danm near impossible as long as you have me as an opponent, just something I thought you should be aware of", Jotaro pints out, "...Okay", D'Arby accepted. D'Arby then brought out a new card pack and ripped off the security tape before laying all the cards out for everyone to see, "There is only one joker, it's a normal deck", you clarify as Jotaro gathered and stacked the cards. "Okay, open the game", D'Arby announces and both he and Jotaro pull out a card from the deck, "Looks like it's a 10  of Hearts", "I drew the 7 of Clubs", Jotaro says, D'Arby then shuffled the cards before letting Jotaro cut the deck, once that was done D'Arby dealt the cards, you carefully watch as D'Arby worked but jolted when you heard and witnessed Star Platinum break D'Arby's finger. "Jesus Christ!", you gape, "Huh?! I don't understand, what happened? Jotaro his finger! Why the devil would you use Star Platinum to break D'Arby's finger?!", Avdol asked over D'Arby's screams.

Jotaro glared at D'Arby as you observed the situation, "Like I said you're not going to cheat when you're playing against me", hie growled. "Huh? He tried to cheat? But he was only dealing the cards, wasn't he? I didn't notice him trying to do anything suspicious", Avdol rambled as you finally noticed the trick that D'Arby was trying to use. "Avdol look closer at the cards in D'Arby's hands, the second one is sticking out; if I recall correctly, it's called the second deal", you explain. "That's right, and that being the case it means the top card would've gone to him if he'd gotten his hands on it the cheating bastard would've gotten three 10s", Jotaro huffed as he revealed the third 10, "Then he would've won", Avdol gaped.

"You brutish imbecile, how dare you break my finger!", D'Arby hissed, only to gasp when Jotaro threw the card back at him, it landed on the table but you were honestly hoping it would've at least hit his injured hand, "I was playing nice with that attack, you should count yourself lucky I didn't rip it off". Jotaro sighed as D'Arby glared at him while you stroked Iggy's fur, "Good grief, I guess I can't let you cut the deck anymore, someone else is gonna do it from now on", Jotaro then looked over in your direction, but you turned around to see the person his eyes landed on, it was a boy playing with a ball atop a hill. 

"That boy on the hill looks up to the job", Jotaro declared, "Have it your way", D'Arby grunted, "Hey Avdol, ask him over", Jotaro pointed at the boy as Avdol made his way over to the kid, "Right away". "Most impressive", D'Arby's words caught all of your groups' attention as he grabbed a rag from his pocket, "Succesful cheating requires the element of surprise, and it takes more than sharp eyes to prevent that, it appears that I underestimated you as you saw through my second deal, I'll accept my fractured finger as proper punishment, but from here on I'll devote my full concentration to winning the game, Jotaro...", D'Arby stared at the Japanese delinquent with such intensity you almost felt nervous. "I've not done so since my colossal gamble since May 17th, 1986, I was playing against a Japanese man known as Shozo Myama, as the victor, my spoils included his 8 Tokyo properties and his soul, I will say this for Myama; wealth didn't dull his gambler's instincts", with that D'Arby summoned his stand while throwing Mr. Joestar's and Polnareff's soul chips into the air.