Chapter 9

The woman tagging along with you bothered you greatly, she smelled off and it bothered you greatly as you tried your best to ignore her. Mr. Joestar was able to catch a bus to Varanasi, and you were seated next to Kakyoin, Polnareff made it hard to ignore the woman when he was speaking loudly, a soft sigh escaped you as you reached in the left side of your bra. Kakyoin was about to tell you something but stopped himself form attempting to speak as a dark blush formed on his face when he saw you pull a small bag of gummies from your bra, he looked away hastily with a chocked cough as you ate a gummy.

You rose a brow at him, "Yo, kakyoin, want a gummy?", Kakyoin whipped his head over to you and glanced at the bag of gummies in your hand, he smiled reassuringly, "No thank you (Y/n)", hear politely refused the gesture as you shrug your shoulders, "Suit yourself~", you hum. Without yours or Kakyoin's notice, Wild Card and Hierophant Green were looking at one another curiously, small purs rumbled from your chest as he leaned back in your seat and Kakyoin subconsciously leaned more towards you as you close your eyes. "Hey, we're almost there", Kakyoin points out once he looks out his window, opening an eye you glanced at the city, "The city of Varanasi", Kakyoin finishes, you hum quietly and finally heard Mr. Joestar saying that something wasn't getting "any better", you tilted your head slightly both in suspicion and curiosity. Once you all got off the bus Jotaro was the first to notice that something was up with his grandfather, "What's wrong old man, you don't look well", Jotaro points out. "Hmm, looks like my bug bite just got a lot worse, this thing must be infected", Mr. Joestar replied as you all look at his bug bite, "It's definitely swollen, it'll be best to have a doctor look at it before it gets worse", Kakyoin concluded, "Hey, doesn't that sort of look like a person's face", Polnareff mentions, you snicker into your fist as Mr. Joestar scolded, "Stop kidding around Polnareff that's creepy". Polnareff laughs, "Sorry about that, want me to go to the hospital with you?", he offers with a grin, "No, stop treating me like an old man", Mr. Joestar grumbled, "But Mr. Joestar you are old, look at all those gray hairs you have", you tease with a grin, "Do you want me to buy a spray bottle young lady?", Mr. Joestar threatens you couldn't help hiss as you hid behind Kakyoin.

Small growls escaped your throat as Kakyoin looked back at you,  "Kakyoin you're my shield now", you suddenly declare, he only chuckled as you peeked from behind him, Jotaro rose a brow at you but what mostly caught his interest was your pupils momentarily changing into the cat-like splits he sometimes saw. Once Mr. Joestar left to the nearest clinic, and Polnareff wandered off with that woman, you, Kakyoin, and Jotaro were left to find a hotel. As you all walked Kakyoin decided to talk to you, "So (Y/n), there has been something that's been in the back of my mind these past few days",  Kakyoin begins, "Lay your concerns on me Kak~", you stretch as a cat suddenly began to trail behind you, "Well, when we first met during the incident where the captain revealed to be fake, I noticed that for the briefest of moments portions of your hair change into a white-blue color, why is that?", he asks. The question could Jotaro attention as well so he studied you and to both of their slight surprise you were quite relaxed when you begin to explain, "Nice eye kakyoin~ but to answer your question I actually come from a bloodline that is connected to a distant race that isn't exactly human", you shrug, Kakyoin gave you a quizzical look as Jotaro rose a brow, "How so?", Jotaro suddenly asks. "I'm sure your grandfather told you the story, but I'll make it brief; Mr. Joestar, along with my grand Aunt Clarice(*) and a friend of theirs, faced off ancient beings known as pillerman, beings who were only able to roam the night otherwise they'd turn to stone if they step out during the sunlight", you explained, the cat behind you soon jumped on your duffel bag and began to climb you until it stood on your shoulders, give it a brief scratch underneath its chain you continue, "these pillar men were practically superior human beings except they were here before humanity and had quite a long list of biological abilities, from what I recall Mr. Joestar said one was able to manipulate the wind and another could have scorching heat stored in his veins, anyway as it turns out my family descends from a pillar woman who separated herself from her people and fell in love with a human man, with him they had the first hybrid", you finish.