- Chapter One -

"Listen, we're going out tonight. I've been invited to a party," Audrey's voice trailed off.

I rolled my eyes as I shoved the last half of my pastry in my mouth, the other half sitting on my coffee table next to where my legs were propped.

Every night she comes to me with another party. Every. Night.

"It has to be impossible to find all these parties." My eyes skim over the article I had been reading as the words left my mouth, my eyes never left the screen when I tilted my head towards Audrey as she made herself at home.

She has to run out of parties soon. She has to.

"It's simple really, I just talk to everyone I meet," she sits next to me and sighs when she looks at my laptop. "So, what's going on with this personal assistant job?"

I pinch the bridge of my nose, letting out some stress from the day while I talk.

"I've got an interview tomorrow for this law firm. I'll be working for the big important boss." She glanced at me with an impressed expression before she grabbed the last half of the pastry, "you're paying for me next time we're at a coffee shop."

"Of course I will... I hope your boss is hot." Audrey chuckled as she changed the subject and started scrolling away on her phone, "he'll sooo fall for you... or is that not allowed anymore? Like isn't that what happened with that guy from the fall guys?"

"It was the Try Guys, Audrey..." I correct her and she scoffs.

"Same thing... But, this party is in, like, two hours so," she pauses before looking up to me, "get moving."

I scoffed at her, but shut my laptop. Standing up swiftly after placing it on the coffee table next to the plate my pastry was on and made my way to my room. I'm doing the dishes tomorrow after my interview anyways.

I looked at myself in the mirror. "One drink. One drink is enough, Eden." I nod at my reflection before I make my way over to my closet, pulling out some varying beige clothing.

It was a bit boring, but it's simple, comfortable and if I spill anything on it, it's not a big deal.

I'm not wanting to attract attention to myself.

I got into the ensemble and did my makeup and hair. As well as adding jewelry.

I walked out of my room to see Audrey in a black dress that stopped above her knees, at about her mid-thigh. It fit her frame perfectly and she looked stunning in it.

"Our Uber is on its way, let's go!" She grabbed me by my arm and I was dragged out my apartment.

The Uber arrived and we got to the party. It was like a typical one we used to go to in high school but that's good because it's simple.

I like simple. That's something I'll always repeat to myself. Keep things simple. Everything's better simple.

Although, the concern that everyone here would be in high school had crossed my mind.

This worry would be calmed by the adults all standing in groups and swaying along to the music playing.

Teenagers don't sway at parties.