The Picnic

The phone call with her mother ended. Jungkook walked in and looked at Yumi and back at the tv.

"Why are you always watching the news?" He asked.

"I like to be updated on what is going on." She says standing straight with her hands behind her.

Jungkook walks to her and bring her body close to his. He gave her a peck and looked down at her. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

"I was waiting for you." She replied.

"Well I'm here now go to sleep."

"I want us to sleep together." She told him with disappointment in her voice.

"Fine let me take a quick shower and I'll go to bed." Jungkook said loosing his tie

She looked down and noticed he wasn't wearing the same shoes he had on when he went to work. She immediately looked up to not make anything obvious and smiled. "Do you want anything to eat?"

"No," He says. "I'm not that hungry."

Yumi nods and walks upstairs to get extra clothes for jungkook. He walks in the bathroom and turns on the faucet.

She walked in and placed his clothes in the counter and picked up the dirty one and threw it in the laundry basket.

"Don't take long," She says. "I want to cuddle."

Jungkook hums and yumi walks out.

After 15 minutes jungkook walks out with a towel around his waist while drying his hair with a separate towel.

Yumi was in the bed with her robe on smiling at him.

"You're going to sleep with that on?" Jungkook asked.

Yumi immediately said no. Jungkook loved sleeping in his undergarments. Even if she had said yeah she would've woken up without it because of him. It took her 2 years to get used to it.

"Oh alright." He mumbled under his breath before looking away.

Yumi was always smiles to jungkook. Even when their was times she got suspicious she smiled to not show any signs.

Jungkook took off his towel and put on his underwear as he walked closer to the bed.

He turned off the light and He plopped himself next to her. He started closing his eyes as she put the blanket over both of them.

Jungkook then realized she had her robe on and quickly snatched it off her body. Yumi was surprised by his act but didn't say anything.

She cuddled herself in his arm and kissed his jawline while jungkook tried to sleep.

"We're having a picnic tomorrow." Yumi says.

Jungkook hums. He was half asleep but he can hear her clearly.

"It's been a while since we had one." She says.

Again, jungkook hums.

She runs her fingers on his hair. "Your hair is pretty long I like it this way."

This time Jungkook didn't hum anymore.

"Goodnight." She tells him placing a peck on his cheek and then lips.

She moves her body under the blanket making it face the opposite direction of his. Tears started to fall out of her eyes but she didn't know why. Something inside her was making her feel afraid for no reason.

_______

"This is making me feel like we're still in high school." Jungkook says as he puts the blanket over the grass.

Yumi sat down and looked around her. "I missed this."

"Yeah, me too." Jungkook said.

She started to open up the food. Jungkook was smiling once he saw everything she made.

He picked up a strawberry and stared at her as he ate it

"Is there a particular reason why you did this?" He asked. "Everytime we had a picnic it was because there was a secret to tell."

There was a lump building up in Yumi's throat.
"Let's eat first and then we can talk about why we're here." She says.

He nods and digs in. When they both finished the food he lays on her lap and looks up to her again. "So can I know now?"

"I'm going to busan." Yumi says getting straight to the point.

Jungkook sits up fast and looks at her with a crazy face. "You're what?!" He yells.

"I said I'm going to Busan," she says. "My mom wants me to stay with her until police find the culprit who's behind all this killing."

Jungkook laughs and turns back to serious. "Are you crazy?! Is my protection not enough?!"

"Please don't yell." She tells him putting her hands on his chest.

"How can I not! I'm angry right now!"

"Jungkook im sorry it's my mom's decision."

"So now your mom controls You?! How old are you?!" Jungkook asked

"Don't ask something you already know." She says.

"No!" He yells. "I want you to say it!"

"I'm 21!" She yells back.

"Then there you go Yumi! You're an adult not a fucking teenager! She can't tell you what to do anymore! Plus you're married! You have someone you need to be attending at all times!"

"She's not forcing me!" Yumi yells with tears already about to fall. "I'm the one who wants to go!"

Jungkook froze for a minute and looked at her confused. "What do you mean? you want this? You really want to go to Busan and leave me here? Are you trying to get away from me?"

Yumi's tears now fell she couldn't say anything because of the feeling that was eating her inside.

"Have you been thinking about this? You have, haven't you?" He asked.

She shook her head and wiped her eyes. "I'm just scared."

Jungkook got close to her. "Scared of what?!"

"Of everything that has being going on."

"Yumi I promise you nothing will ever happen to you." He says cupping her face.

She nods a little and scoots away from him. Jungkook wasn't pleased by her action but he decided not to fight about it.