30~ Home Sweet Home

•Shanelle POV•

"Lets go, Shanelle! We are going to be late!" I hear from the from the bottom of the steps just as I was grabbing some of my last minute things to do just that.

"I'm coming. I'm coming, geez." I mumble, rushing out of my bedroom door and speeding down the steps only to become face to face to him. "Ezekiel, did you know it's rude to rush a female when they are perfecting themselves for the world? Someone has to look good when men are out there being dumb, you know."

He just rolls his eyes at me and say back, "Why do females think men are just these dense headed human beings? We can hold on our own if you ask me and who you trying to look all good for, anyway? You're just going to the studio. Do I have to call you know who?"

This sort of playful banter has been the norm between us ever since I hired him as my manager. He was this tanned skin, toned body, perfect haired college drop out from the outskirts of LA when we met, craving a chance to be recognized in this industry with his limited references and his ear for good music. He had been waiting for me at the back entrance of a studio I was working in with Stevie and practically pleaded for me to give him a chance. Ever since then,we instantly became friends and his ear for great music only grew stronger, landing me big artists all over America to work with in the matter of weeks after making himself known as my manager to the label, not to mention the top magazines and shows he has me appear on from time to time to keep my buzz around the business flowing rapidly through every open and closed door. It took a lot of unknown trust to place my developing career into a stranger's hand and that trust for him hasn't changed, not even the slightest. 

"Well, when you're in the public eye, you tend to get looked at more than usual

"Well, when you're in the public eye, you tend to get looked at more than usual. Not to mention pictures are being taken of me all day. I can't stroll around looking like I rolled out of hell's gates." I inform his ignorant mind while I tie my sneakers quickly.

When finished, I grab a banana from the kitchen counter, nodding towards Rodney and Frank who stood in the kitchen eating the left overs my mom stored away for them.

"Why can't you, though? Everyone has lazy days. That would show your fans how your no different from them, I think." Was Ezekiel's comeback, running his slightly chubby fingers through his perfect mane of hair, lifting his eyebrow as if signaling for me to respond.

"In case you forgot, I don't just represent me when I'm in public. I represent Michael as well who represents The Jackson 5. I can't look any kind of way because it would come back to him and I don't want that." I took two bites of my fruit and gestures towards the exit. "Ready to go?"

"We've been waiting on you." He jokingly fused but nonetheless, we follow Frank and Rodney out the door and into the black SVU parked out front. "So, we are going to Mick's studio session with his band now and after I got you booked with Barbra and I've been on the phone for a few days trying to lock in the details for you to get in the studio with Barry. He's been dying to work with you but his management are a bunch of dumb people who don't know business it seems."