41

If there was an award for the set of craziest groups of friends, Dome is sure that his friends and him would have won the highest award. Why? Except for the fact that they all planned to go together in the “illuminated boats procession” highlight of the Wan Ok Phansa which will be held at Nakhon Phanom, they have decided to take the longest possible way of going there—by car. If travelling almost 800 km is not crazy enough, they have also decided to travel at night.

Which would summarize why they are in a van right now driven by their Manager Benjamin with Manager Earth beside the driver’s seat. Joong and Nine are already sleeping with the shared earphones on the middle seats which leaves Dome and Pavel on the seats on the back.

Dome was never uneasy riding with a man before, heck it was his job to share the things and the experiences with people but with Pavel? Everything feels like the first time for him and he can’t just act naturally around him.

“Would you prefer seating with Nine?” Pavels asks for the nth time. “I could ask Ai’Joong.”

He shakes his head. “No. I just…”

“I really thought you were the one who sent me that message.” Pavel interrupts his excuse with a grin. “Just so you know, I was heartbroken because you clarified it too fast. That it wasn't you, I mean. I didn’t even get to enjoy the possibility that you really wanted to see me as much as I do.”

Dome nervously looks at Pavel. “But we’ve seen each other a couple of days ago.”

The guy shows off a very teasing smile. “Can’t wait for that moment you’ll be as comfortable as you are in text messages when you talk to me in person.”

If he only knew, Dome thought to himself. He really wants to talk to Pavel as normal as he does with others but Pavel is just everything different from everyone. The guy is too much and too intimidating for him. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t like the guy—he likes him. He knows that perfectly. It’s just that with a whole Pavel in his life needs a whole lot of adjustments. Pavel is too much for his heart.

He didn’t realize that they were just staring at each other when Pavel grins and suddenly rests his forehead onto his shoulder.

“Damn it, Dome.” Pavel chuckles, still keeping his position. “You’re too cute for your own good and for my sanity too.”

He didn’t know how but his body seemed to know what do and that’s placing his arms around Pavel’s shoulders. “Move sideways. You’ll hurt your nape like that.”

Pavel suddenly beamed like a little kid and changes his position to a more comfortable one. Dome’s heart suddenly jumped with that and he had to look away because of it. Pavel may be resting his head on his shoulder but he was unexpectedly afraid that he may hear how loud his heart is beating right now.

* * * * * * * * * *

“Wake up, wake up, sleeping beauties. We’re stopping here first.”

It was their Manager Earth’s voice who waked them all up and looking outside, they are outside a hotel parking lot.

Except of this whole trip was crazy because of the effort and time they’ll spend; it actually had a wholesome idea behind it. It was the their first ever real vacation and trip together. Their group never really tried anything like this and the ones they had that could be considered like this were those filming outside the city or the country.

Which reminds Dome again the moment his P’Earth and P’Ben knew about Pavel three days ago. It was a complicated scenario to explain and to think about again but it was epic too. The managers immediately knew him by name and were all surprised that it was their actual first time seeing him. Pavel, Nine, and Joong were so excited to share how they really met and he couldn’t do anything but to listen to them as if he wasn’t the one involved in their story. Long story short, the managers knew about Pavel and his intentions and were hell out supportive. Dome, in short, didn’t have anything to say to it.