51

Pavel is beyond surprised when he saw Earth in lobby of his company building—here in Singapore. He didn’t believe it when his assistant Pan told him that Dome’s manager is indeed waiting for him here.

“P’Earth…”

Earth smiles and stands up. “I’m here to talk to you but can we do it somewhere else? Seeing you actually being the boss of your company is quite intimidating and reminds me of all the drama series and movies you’ve produced. Forgive me for such a weird request. I just don’t want to call you “sir” nor “P” right now.”

That made him smile and nod. He understood the manager’s request and he was immediate to cancel his next meeting for him. He had the feeling this would be about Dome and whatever news he could get about him; he will take it.

Pavel drove them in the nearest café.

“Is P’Ben with you?”

“No. Actually no one knows that I came here to talk to you.”

After they ordered, they settled on their seats. Pavel is nervous and he’s not sure if Earth knows it.

“I’ll be direct to the point, Pavel.” Earth said but is still giving him a kind smile. “I don’t know what really happened between you and our Dome and I’m not in the position to ask about it but—” He sighs. “I’m his manager and that would be give be the authority to intervene, right?”

He nods and waits for Earth to continue.

“I know it frustrates you but please leave Dome alone for now.”

“But—”

“I’m not saying that the two of you should break up or the likes. What I’m saying is just let him be for a while. We’ve all seen your effort on trying to talk to him and there’s nothing we want more for the both of you to work things out and be okay. We’ve been telling Dome, too, that he should just talk to you or if not, just listen to what you have to say.”

He can hear the pity on Earth’s voice and he couldn’t blame him for that. Their orders came.

“But whatever we all do or tell him—Dome is just not ready.” Earth sighs and takes a sip of his coffee.

He can perfectly see where Earth is coming from. It was normal for him to worry about Dome, not only because he handles him as his talent but he saw how close the two have gotten. If he’s in the same position, he would do this too. Talk to the person who’s causing distress to his friend.

“I’m happy Dome finally has you, Pavel. No joke about it. I’m seriously happy that our Dome finally opens his heart to someone and gets to enjoy himself for the things he never experienced before. Relationships, of course, have problems. All I’m saying now is just please handle Dome gently. You’re his first. I just hope you can give him time and the space he needs to think.”

He nods and just when Earth is about to leave, he asked about Dome.

Earth gives him a teasing smile. “Don’t you have the people to tell you his whereabouts? You’re rich, I know that’s something easy for you.”

Pavel can feel himself blushing in embarrassment. He had thought of that, of course. “I controlled myself not to do that. I know Dome wouldn’t like it if he knew I hired people to tell me his whereabouts. If he won’t answer my calls nor reply to my messages, then there’s no other way of knowing how he is or where he is right now than asking you guys about it.”

“Thank you for respecting his privacy, Pavel.” Earth stands up. “He’s with his family right now and, mind you, it’s the first time he asked for a break. I’m sure he’s okay so no need to worry about him.”