2 - 21

“Come on, sweetheart, open this door or Manager Earth will hear me shout in here like a mad woman.”

Dome sighs.

It’s been three days since he walked out on his own family and seek escape to his manager. Of course, he already feels embarrassed to his core for bothering his manager like this. He didn’t plan to stay for this long in here but he didn’t really know where to go next. He didn’t want to see his dad nor Pavel because in all honestly, he didn’t know what he will say to them.

Without having any choice, Dome sighs again and opens the door of this guest room where he’s staying at.

“There you are!”

He was welcomed by his mom’s warm big hug and his manager’s “guilty” look. His manager didn’t actually need to be sorry because no one can really stop his mom whether he wants to be alone or not. He simple mouthed “thank you” to his manager before nodding so the manager could leave them for a while.

He didn’t know what to say nor what to do, so he just follow his mom. She pulled him to bed where they both sat, facing each other.

“Until when are you planning to stay away like this, Dome?”

“Mom—”

“I already had the talk with your dad and Pavel and what they did was really stubborn and stupid and out-of-this-world. But you have to understand that your father only did to—”

“Protect me?” Dome didn’t want to sound sarcastic and he immediately apologized for his rudeness.

His mom, surprisingly, laughs and shakes her head. “I would want to say he is really protecting you in some ways, but in all honesty, my love, your father is more of protecting himself.”

He didn’t get it.

His mom smiles kindly and holds his hand. “I know what happened caused you a lot of pain, Dome, and nobody should experience that the way they planned it. But look at it this way, your father is suddenly giving his son to man he just met. Guaranteed that Pavel loves you so much, you really can’t away from your father his stubbornness of not wanting to give you away that easily. Again, what they did was stupid and you don’t deserve that but…”

He clenches his hand over his chest. His heart is suddenly beating loudly and as if on instinct, he feels afraid to what are the next words his mother will be.

“…have you considered what Pavel might have felt? Sweetheart, my love, you can blame your father all you want because he really is stubborn and the only rightest decision he ever made was marrying me, but have you thought about what Pavel might have felt or simply think of the moment your father asked him to hurt you?”

The moment they both cried their hearts out in car suddenly flashes his mind and just like that, his heart aches more.

“In Pavel’s defense, he was only doing what your father asked him to do to prove himself. He showed you another side of him in which we all know that he isn’t like that anymore. He caused you pained, and his own mother told me how he broke down a couple of times because he couldn’t digest anymore what he was doing with both of you.”

He didn’t know he was already crying until his mother wipes his cheeks,

“After all that stubbornness and all that pain, even if it was scripted—what do you honestly feels about Pavel?”

He felt betrayed and cheated on. Pavel didn’t do any of that literally but still, he felt that way. How could he play with him like that? How could he hurt his heart and make him cry? How could he even consider doing what his father has asked him to do despite knowing that the main goal of it was to hurt him?