48. Lost And Found

Gibel
Not death, not suicide, but simply ceasing to exist; deteriorating in a way that is painful for others.

-

Autumn's POV

It wasn't that I was trying to avoid Hobi after we had gotten back from the amusement park, but that's exactly what I was doing. Not because I didn't want to be friends anymore, but I was scared of hurting him any more than I already had.

"Nobody knows nothing, literally nothing!" Jungkook shouted, kicking the wall. He had been in a bad mood since we had arrived. He had called any family member and friend that had known Yoongi. We were trying to piece together the story that just didn't seem to fit.

"Hey, come on. Calm down, let's go get some dinner and then we can talk about this later when we aren't all starving," Jimin rubbed Jungkook's back in an act to console him. Jungkook's muscles relaxed letting out a long sigh. It was roughly 8pm as we made our way down to the small cafeteria area on the bottom floor. When we entered there were around six other people already sat down at tables with trays set out in front of them. They were a mixture of males and females, some old, some young, they all looked happy though, chatting away and laughing.

"Hey, you guys made it," Yunseong smiled approaching us. "Help yourself to some food." He pointed over to a small counter on the other side of the room. We made our way over to where they were serving large portions of ramen and some other questionable dish.

"So, we need a plan," Hobi spoke as he placed his tray of food down on an empty table. "How do we deal with this crazy ex of yours?"

"Is that why you're here?" Yunseong asked from across the table. Once again I was wedged between Jimin and Jungkook, not that I'm complaining. I nodded my head, unable to speak with a mouth full of food.

"Is it that serious?" Yunseong gave me a worried glance, "I mean can't you just call the police?"

I had considered it but I had no evidence against Taehyung, it was his word against mine. Getting the police involved would just complicate things further, and stupidly a part of me didn't want to get Taehyung in trouble anyways.

"I'm hoping this is just a problem that goes away by itself after time," Jimin placed a protective hand on my knee. I wish I could believe his words, but I knew Taehyung better than anyone around this table and I knew Taehyung didn't stop until he got what he wanted.
We ate in silence for the rest of the meal, as people entered and left the canteen area. As one person left another one soon took their place. I studied the faces of the people around me, I could tell Jungkook was too, looking up every now and again to glance around the room.

My attention was caught by a boy all in black. He looked about my age but it was hard to tell as half his face was hidden by a mask. Although he was wearing a cap his forehead was partly covered by brown coloured bangs. Jungkook was also watching him as he strode across the room, helping himself to some ramen before sitting at an empty table. "Do you think we should call him over to sit with us?" Jungkook asked the table. Everyone looked over to the boy sat in the corner, who now had earphones in his ears, his foot slightly tapping along to whatever he was listening to.

"I'll ask him," Yunseong stood up and walked over to the boy. They engaged in conversation for a few moments before Yunseong came back over to the table, the boy following slowly behind him. He set his tray down on the table in front of Jungkook, not making eye contact with any of us. Maybe we shouldn't have called him over, he looked extremely uncomfortable. In the corner of my eye, I saw him pull the mask down from his face to continue eating.

"Yoongi?"

I looked up at Jungkook. His eyes were wide open and his mouth formed an'o' shape. Following his eye line, I looked at the mystery boy. My brain stuttered for a moment and every part of me freezes while my thoughts catch up. His face fell as his head snapped up to look at Jungkook. In an instant his skin became even paler than it already was, his mouth hung with his lips slightly parted and his eyes were as the wide as they would possibly go.

"Jungkook?" His eyes caught mine. "Autumn?" My brain was desperately scrambling to make sense of it all, I was speechless and it felt as if I was paralysed from the neck up. I wanted to speak but I couldn't find the words, what do you say to your best friend that is supposed to be dead?

"What the hell is going on?" Jungkook thankfully spoke for me.

"Erm hi, I guess," Yoongi put his fork down, pulling his cap further over his face so it covered his eyes.

"Hi? What do you mean hi? You've been dead for 3 years Yoongi and the first thing you say to me is hi!" Jungkook raised his voice, causing everyone in the canteen to stare at us.

"I can explain, but it's a long story," Yoongi sighed, leaning back in his chair. Part of me wanted to go over and hug him, cry in his arms, the other part of me was sure this was all just a dream. Should I be happy that he's alive or angry that he's alive? Jimin and Hobi sat puzzled, giving each other glances not knowing what to do.

"You've made me believe you were dead for 3 years, I have time," Jungkook spoke through gritted teeth as he crossed his arms across his chest. I'd never seen him this angry before.

"Maybe not here, people are looking," Yoongi gazed around the room before standing up. We all did the same apart from Yunseong who didn't want to intrude on whatever was going on.