Prologue

(Author note: This work is written like a play. So the dialogue will look different in places)

For the past six months, Chloe Beale has had the same reoccurring dream. It's always the exact same dream.

It starts with her singing with Beca.

Then it changes to her hanging out with Beca.

In the dream, Chloe gets lost, staring at Beca.

Then her dream cuts to right before the Bella's big performance at nationals. Chloe knows what is going to happen. The Bella's are going to sing Beca's mix. Then they are going to win nationals for the first time. But Chloe doesn't care about winning in her dream. She only cares about Beca. The older woman finds herself watching Beca talk to Jesse. Her train of thought is then always interrupted by Cynthia-Rose.

Cynthia-Rose "You need to tell her how you feel."

Chloe "What?"

Cynthia-Rose "You can fool the others, but you can't fool me. I know what I see, and I know what it's like."

Chloe "She likes Jesse."

Cynthia-Rose "Maybe, but you still need to tell her how you feel. Trust me; it will eat at you forever if you don't."

The next thing Chloe knows, the competition is over. The Bellas are all celebrating their victory. Beca and Chloe even hug.

Chloe "Beca, there's something I need to tell you."

Becca "Sure, Chlo, just give me a second. Okay?."

Chloe watches as Becca runs down into the crowd to see Jesse. Her heart then sinks as she watches Beca kiss Jesse. This is where the dream ends. The same place Chloe's dream ended.