Chapter 17: Chloe

Chloe wasn't exactly sure how she got to the gas station. The walk there was all a blur. She was so excited that all she could think about was Beca. It had finally happened. For years Chloe had dreamt about being with Beca, and when it did finally happen, it was better than she could have ever imagined. Sure there were still some things that they would need to figure out. After all, Chloe hadn't even technically told Beca she loved her yet. They also would need to talk about how serious they should be starting out and figure out where they would live. There was no way Chloe would go back to living on the other side of the country from Beca now.

But at the moment, the veterinarian didn't really care about any of that. She was sure it would all work itself out eventually. Right now, Chloe just wanted to enjoy this moment and think about being with Beca.

But she just had to tell somebody. So she texted Aubrey, the only person besides Fat Amy who knew her true feelings.

Chloe texts, "Aubrey, IT happened!"

Aubrey texts back, "What happened?!"

Chloe, "IT happened!️️"

Aubrey, "Oh my God, is IT what I think It is?"

Chloe "Yes!! Beca kissed me!!! :) ️️️"

Aubrey "Oh my God, Chloe!! :) You need to call me right now. I want to know everything."

Chloe called Aubrey and told her everything that had happened over the past two days.

Aubrey "So she fell asleep on your shoulder? That's too cute."

Chloe "Totes. She was so cute. You should have seen her."

Aubrey "So what did she say when you said I love you?"

Chloe "I haven't actually said it yet. I tried to, but I just couldn't, and that is when she kissed me."

Aubrey "Well, you have to tell her now. You have got nothing to worry about, trust me."

Chloe "Okay, I'll let you know how it goes."

Aubrey "Good because I want to know everything. Now go get your girl, Chloe!"

The two hung up.

Chloe bought some energy drinks. She then started to walk home, singing, "She's so high above me. She so lovely." Chloe was still in a daze. She still couldn't believe it. Beca was actually hers. When she got home, she would finally tell Beca how she felt. Then she would ask her to be her girlfriend, that is if Beca didn't ask her first. Her dream was finally coming true.

All of a sudden, Chloe's daydream was interrupted by an all too familiar voice saying, "Chloe?" Chloe looked to see that Jesse was right behind her.

Chloe (confused) "Jesse?"

Jesse (hugs Chloe) "Oh my god, Chloe! It's so good to see you. How are you?"

Chloe didn't initially hug Jesse back. She was so shocked to see him that she wasn't sure how to act. Wasn't he supposed to be with Emily? She thought. After a few seconds, she realized what was happening and hugged Jesse back.

Then it hit her. Jesse was going to her house to find Beca. It was the only logical explanation. The hair on the back of her neck stood up. There was no way she could let him get there. She would have to think of something quick before he ruined everything.

Chloe (pretending to be dumb) "Jesse, oh my god, what are you doing here?"

Jesse "I actually was on my way to your house. I wanted to talk to Emily and Amy before I left town. There's been a couple of misunderstandings that I'd like to clear up."