Chapter 2: Beca

At 7:30, Beca's alarm went off. She was already awake. The pain had kept her up all night again. It had been over three months since she had had a good night's sleep. And as happens whenever someone cannot sleep, Beca had done a lot of self-reflection. What was she doing here in L.A? Her whole life all she wanted was to be a music producer. Now that she was, she couldn't understand why she felt so empty.

Beca rolled out of bed to find that she was once again all alone in her quiet apartment. She missed the days of being woken up by Fat Amy and Bumper. She missed the girls blasting music 24/7. But most of all, she missed Chloe. Beca didn't know exactly why, but for some reason, everything was better when Chloe was around. Even when they fought, Beca knew that Chloe would always be there for her and that she would eventually make her feel better about everything. The singer wanted to call her and tell her everything that was going on in her life. But she couldn't hurt Chloe again. She had already hurt her too much, and Beca knew that the redhead was better off without her now. That fact was made painfully clear when she saw Chloe kiss Chicago.

As Beca was leaving to go to the studio, she felt her phone vibrate. It was Emily. She said that she was going to be in town meeting a client and wanted to meet up with her. A smile came over Beca's face.

It would be good to see a familiar face, she thought as she left for work.