2. He's Back

Shifting in her seat, Stevie was reading through a document as she thought about a million other things she needed to do regarding her two children and her mother. But as she did that, she was still kind of thinking about the four missed calls on her work phone. She just wondered if there was some sort of malfunction with somebody trying to get ahold of her, or if it was somebody who just didn't want to talk over a message.

"Stevie?" Robin whispered, ushering her to look up.

"What?" she asked, noticing it was Ben who was walking onto their floor.

Her friend used her hand to gesture she should talk to him.

"If you have forgotten, I'm married---" she whispered, knowing that wouldn't get her far because she was actually trying to get a divorce.

Leering, "And how's that going for you?" she smirked, ready to say something else about her marriage that was crumbling apart.

"Look, I'm not doing this---" she shook her head.

"You don't have to do anything," she stated, gesturing that he was on his way over.

"Oh, my God..." she mumbled to herself, actually hoping the man had something important to say.

"Hey, ladies---" he greeted them politely.

"Hello, Ben---" Robin stood up from her seat. "I'm gonna go and get this authorized," she wiggled a brow for Stevie to take the hint.

"She's really something, I get the feeling she wants us to chat alone..." he leaned on her desk.

"Mm," she rose a brow, her curl to her lips nothing but sarcastic. "Anyway, what's up?" she asked.

"Well, you know we chat here and there..." he paused.

"Do we?" she had to laugh. "We had dinner once and I have never seen you again, my friend."

"Okay, but..." he trailed, chuckling. "I was thinking you'd like to chat more. Maybe I could take you out and we could work something out..."

"Ben..." she sighed not wanting to just say no. "I don't think--" she cut herself off. "Look, I'm constantly busy; I have two kids and I'm working all the time, even at home..."

"Right and I know you're busy so I'll work around you. When you have a chance, maybe we can catch up," he suggested. "But I really wanna go on a date with you that has nothing to do with work. I just wanna get to know you so we can chat here and there if he run into each other."

"Alright," she kind of sighed with a smile.

"So, is that a yes?" he kind of lingered with a charming smile.

"I'll think about it," she assured. "And the only way you're gonna run into me is if you leave your building every day to do so."

He chuckled. "True... But it would be totally worth it," he assured.

"That's sweet," she couldn't help but respond only because he did seem to have a good charm.

He grinned and just stared for a moment because she had the most insane, gorgeous features. "But I can count on an answer eventually?" he added as he backed away from her desk.

"Sure," she nodded, fumbling with her rings as he walked away.

As soon as he spun around, Robin came racing back to her cubicle. "Oh, my gosh, what happened?" she beamed, nearly sitting on her friend's desk.

"He asked me out," she assured.

"And?" her eyes widened even more.

"And I told him I'd think about it..."