37. The Bar

The weeks would slowly roll by, Stevie would be in and out of her house while in and out Ben's; things would remain as they had been although, Devyn wasn't grounded and the kids would be spending much more time with their father since his leaving was just over the horizon.

In bed with Ben, actually sleeping did Stevie hear her mobile phone ringing.

"Oh, my God..." she groaned.

"Don't answer," he rolled over, his arm draping around her waist.

"I have to," she mumbled.

"I know," he moved his arm when he could feel her tugging to get to her purse.

Digging through her bag in the dark, she blindly searched for it and she pushed the correct button luckily before putting it up to her ear. "Hello?" she groggily stated.

"Steph, it's me... I have a problem," Lindsey stated.

"What kind of problem, Lindsey?" she almost sighed just because she was very comfortable. "It's almost midnight..."

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I thought you'd be awake, but uh, the problem is... I'm at a bar. The guy gave me a free shot and it is staring at me right now."

"What?! Lindsey, why are you at a bar anyway?" she started peeling the blankets back just so she could get up. Within a few moments, she knew she would have to get Ben up because she didn't have a car.

"I was gonna ask you to come with me one of these days, just before I go on tour because I have to see what kind of control I have in a bar. I'm touring soon and I gotta test myself with my high ass band mates. But then I was on my way home and I just thought, fuck it."

Redressing, "Couldn't you have thought, fuck it another night?" she groaned. "Did you think you'd get stuck there?"

"Nope. I mean, I have all the control in the world when at your place, watching you drink. But I haven't been at a place alone and it's when I'm alone that I get bad ideas. I don't have the urge to drink when I'm home because I keep busy."

"It's all psychological," she bluntly responded as she gathered her things.

"True and I am sorry... Will you come?" he asked.

"Yeah, are you at the rowdy one on the corner between you place and mine?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"'Cause I'm psychic," she hung up the phone and let off a tiny sigh. "Will you take me to the bar and drop me off?"

"Of course," he chuckled and quickly got himself together. "Are you gonna take your things?"

"Uh... I'll make sure he gets home and I'll come back," she assured.

···

Walking through the glass door, Stevie had Ben on her trail as she entered the bar in which still had a party in full swing since it closed at two a.m.

Lindsey had just about looked up every time he heard the above bell ring. When he did at the actual moment she walked in, he was slightly disappointed to see the other man.

"Hey," she took a seat right next to him and she locked her hands on the table, staring at him.

"Thanks for coming. I didn't think you'd bring..." he gently cocked his eyes, saying so quietly.

Turning her head, "Thanks for driving me over," she mentioned to Ben, whom was standing there.

"No problem, it was good to see you, Lindsey," he offered his hand to shake.