44. Dirty

When Stevie got home, it was rather late, but that was because she and Ben went onto further things within their project with their own distractions between that.

All she could really vouch for as she walked through the dark house was when she could hit the mattress to sleep for the night.

Instead, she was stopped by her spouse who's room was lit up.

"Hey, can we talk?" he asked, gesturing.

"Uh, sure," she looked down at her purse and she set it down. Crossing her arms comfortably over her chest, she walked across the living room briskly and made her way in, where he would shut the door behind them. "What's up?"

"Well, first..." he trailed, giving her a gentle kiss on the lips.

"Oh..." she sighed just a little when he pulled away.

"Yeah," he commented, hands landing on either of her arms. "I've just wanted to do that all day, and we haven't gotten the chance since you've been gone. But the point is I know you're in your relationship with Ben still and you probably don't want to break that up. I remember you said you didn't want to hurt anybody."

She stayed quiet, not knowing at all where he was going to take it.

"With all that you said yesterday, I'm kind of okay with sharing you in more ways now. I guess it's because I've gained another important part of you and we semi know where we stand."

She kind of lifted her head in order to nod, but she paused instead because his words weren't totally comprehensible with her burnt out head. "Be a little more forward with me, honey, I'm exhausted. Say what you mean, be assertive," she encouraged since she knew he struggled getting his words out at times.

"Frankly, I'm rooting for the end of your relationship with Ben. But for the time being and unless things get better, I don't mind sharing you. I kind of realized we're the ones having an affair as of now and you most likely don't want to jeopardize your real relationship by sleeping with me. I don't mind being hidden until we really know what we're doing. Till we can attain what we actually want."

"Okay," she kind of nodded, this time understanding his scrambled words from before. "What's with the sudden epiphany?" she calmly asked.

"It's just that you're obviously getting in from being over there and I think we both know it's not just business going on. Y'know, despite you telling me what happened, I can tell you guys really have feelings of some sort for each other. If I've been out of the picture for a couple months, that was growing room, I'd guess?"

"Sort of," she kind of moved her head side to side in a way only because it was more or less stagnant and she had to guess that was another reason Ben was a little uptight. She was keeping them from moving forward in more ways than one.

"Look, whatever we are..." he stepped closer, "it's okay with me. I think this sneaking around thing could be fun and healthy even if it's wrong in ways."

She kind of put her head down to suppress the laugh she had for his suggestion.

"Are you in? Would you like to keep this up for the sake of you and I to get back together? Or do you think I'm utterly insane and I should leave you be?"

"I think you're insane, but I'm in," she released her arms from being crossed and she pulled him down to kiss him.

Forcing his head back a bit, "Just don't tell me if you slept with him or anything like that. That'll be weird and I don't want to know..."

"I think that would be repulsive of me, don't you think? Even if things did change within our relationship tomorrow and we broke up, I think we should continue this as we plan. Until, as you said, we know what we'd like to attain."