41. Maturity

Sunday morning would approach and just as she was sleeping in, she could hear loud knocks hit her bedroom door.

"Oh, my God!" she gasped as she sat up.

"Mom, wake up! It's me," Isaac assured.

"Come in!" she groaned.

Pushing open the door with great force, "Guess what?"

"What is it, sweetheart?" she yawned as she smoothed her hair down.

"Dad just called and said he was coming back tonight."

"Oh, that's great news, honey," she smiled, really beaming on the inside because she knew if she had enough faith, he would make it back to them and it looked like he was.

The boy lingered for a moment as though he were waiting for her to bounce up and down out of excitement. "Are you happy?"

Looking up after rubbing her face, "Of course, I am. Like I said, I knew he would---keeping faith is very important and he's coming home." Even though at certain points, she became sad and hoped he wouldn't run out on them again just because of their mistake, if that's what it was, she still did believe he would return. She was just nervous that he wouldn't.

"So, is dad gonna move back to his condo?"

"Um, well, I'm not sure what he did with his apartment, kiddo. If anything, he can stay with us till he gets a place."

"Isn't it easier for him to stay here? I like having another guy in the house since I get tired of all you girls... No offense," he then added.

"I get it," she chuckled. "Well, when he gets here, you can talk to him about it, sweetheart. It really doesn't effect me all that much... It's helpful, quite frankly, I can just leave him and he can run errands if need be."

He pursed his lips to himself.

"What's with the face?" she asked, wondering what was going through his thirteen year old mind.

"Just thinkin'. We should do something together soon, like when you're not working or something."

"Okay, kiddo. I'm free whenever you're good. Just mind my work schedule and such things," as she flung the blankets over to get out of bed. "I'll be down to make breakfast right now."

"Grandma's already cooking!" his voice fading as he ran down the stairs.

"Nice," she nodded as she made her journey to the bathroom to start getting ready.

···

Through breakfast, all the kids did was talk about the things they wanted to do with their father, what they wanted to do as a family.

Over the course of the time he had been away, Stevie did lift her daughter from all restrictions in which was a month, but she still wasn't getting her car back anytime soon. Since she had never grounded her child for any reason at all, she decided; sneaking out, drinking and lying were the big things that angered her most, therefore she decided on a week for each thing and the last week was for the entire thing all together. Having continued with therapy sessions, it did the girl well to keep her head up, to not take things as personally as she did and just overall to get her teenange feelings in control. The blonde felt that was doing her daughter well and she knew she was clear on why she was in trouble since her psychiatrist explained and she knew her daughter wasn't planning on doing it again considering all the trouble she had got into.

"Also, dad, Dev and I had gotten you a gift, mom---" Isaac pointed out. "He just forgot to give it to you for your birthday since you were busy and we were at his place."