Chapter 38 - Stations Decided

Loki came to and stumbled away from Bran. Jon looked torn between which one to go to. He finally chose to go to Bran, while Oberyn supported Loki. "What just happened?" Tyrion asked as he lightly tapped his fingers on the table.

"We entered the spirit world together and saw my mothers," Loki explained.

"Your mothers? Oh, right! Your birth mother, Rhaella Targaryen, and your adopted mother, Frigga, the All-Mother," Samwell recalled.

"What did they want?" Daenerys queried. She had always been a little bit jealous that Loki could see their mother whenever he wanted. Made her feel slightly unloved. 

"They were informing us who the new Three-Eyed Raven is, and it's me," Bran answered, making everyone gape.

"What the fu-?!" Jon started to ask before he cut his foul language off.

"It was either me or one of Loki's children," Bran said and that made everyone glance at him. He shrugged and waved his hand dismissively.

"One of your children could have been the Three-Eyed Raven? A truly terrifying thought," Varys commented with a slight smirk on his face.

"We all know Ragna would not have been the Three-Eyed Raven. She has no mystical abilities; she could have never been chosen. The options were Rhaenar, Dhaerin, or Dagmar. But, my mothers said their fates lay outside of Westeros. That only one was meant to remain," Loki responded and that made many people frown. 

"Cryptic. But then, prophecies and fate usually are," Oberyn said.

"Fate is a cruel mistress. And fickle. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them," Loki explained. "Verdandi, Wyrd, and Skuld. The Goddesses of the Past, Present, and Future. They weave the threads of fate itself and cut them once a person's life is at an end."

"The Norse Goddesses of Fate? Do they really control our world and our lives as well?" Jon posed.

"If your Seven gods and goddesses are actually Vanirian royalty, then I would think that your world falls within their sphere of influence. Accept that they have control of your lives and they just might leave you alone," Loki told them.

"That still doesn't deal with the task at hand. We are waiting for an official invitation from Midgard to enter their world. Once that invitation arrives, we must decide who will go. Not everyone can attend," Daenerys reminded.

"I believe the small council should attend in its entirety," Theon suggested.

"Then who governs Westeros while we're away?" Samwell asked.

"Only a few of us can go. The ones to go should be myself, Tyrion, Loki, Oberyn, and Jon. The ones to remain will be Samwell, Varys, Theon, and Bran. Draegon will be taken into council to act in my stead. I trust my son to guide this country accordingly," Daenerys said.

"Also, I believe the Wardens who aren't going, should come to Kings Landing in case of an emergency. The houses should be marshalled in advance. But, Robb and Doran must come here," Tyrion explained.

"We'll send the ravens to them immediately," Sam answered, and he got up and left the chamber.

"Should we leave the country without its queen, king, and two of its wardens? Should I really stay?" Jon suggested.

"How about you come for a time, we monitor the reports of Westeros, and after a time, we'll send you home," Loki proposed and Jon agreed. That was before he made a face. "You just remembered Ygritte, didn't you?" Loki asked and Jon nodded. Loki started laughing. "I don't have that problem!"

"That's because Sansa is equal parts angel and demon. I love Ygritte, but she is just a demon," Jon answered and everyone chuckled at this. Jon did not want his Wildling wife fighting, but Wildlings were stubborn if nothing else. Sansa was more subtle in getting her desires. She was the daughter of Catelyn Stark and had been trained by Loki. If she wanted to come to Midgard, she would have her way, but there would be less spitting and cursing involved. 

"Should we send any of the young ones to Westeros? I mean, besides Rhaenar, Ragna, and Eddard?" Brandon queried. Loki glanced at the new Three-Eyed Raven and thought for a moment. 

"Obviously Draegon will remain here to rule in his mother's stead.  Varys, Theon, Samwell, and Bran will be his counsel.  Then, there will be Robb and Doran as well to give their wisdom.  Loki?  Who else do you think should come of the next generation?" Daenerys asked.

"I can offer to Lyanna Mormont to come for a time if she wishes it.  Jon, Bradyn can come, if you wish it," Loki said and Jon nodded.

"He may come, but his brother, Godric, will remain in here with his mother and sister, Jeyne.  They won't like it, but they'll have to deal with it," Jon said, trying to sound sure of his words.  Loki chuckled a little as he detected tone and knew his nephew was not going to be as strong against his wife as he said he was.

"All the appropriate ravens will be sent out with their messages.  Prepare yourselves.  We have a task ahead of us," Daenerys said and her small council bowed to her.