Chapter 16 - The Hole in the Wall

Sansa knew that Alfie was pushing himself and his magic to get her to the Wall in time. She knew she had to reach out to Fenris and Ragna to back her and Loki up. Them, and the rest of her brood. Rhaenar! Ragna! Dhaerin! Dagmar! she called out.

Yes, Mother? Rhaenar asked casually.

There is a breach in the Wall and your father is already approaching on Rhaegal and I am in coming on Alfheim. We need you all here to limit the damage and assess the situation. We cannot hold them back...This made all the children pause where they stood: Rhaenar in preparing to teleport himself and Dhaerin and Dagmar to the Wall; and Ragna as she mounted Fenris. They could hear the tone their mother used.  I can sense your father's hopelessness. There is no way we can stop them from going through the Wall into the other world, Sansa informed them.

What other world would that be, Mother? Ragna queried as she mounted Fenris and kicked him to get him running.

Midgard.

By the Seven! Dhaerin exclaimed. 

We know what will happen as a result of this. We will have to go to Midgard, Sansa informed her offspring.

Well, somebody will have to aid those helpless mortals, Ragna responded.

They have heroes of their own, Rhaenar reminded.

Who can't respond to a possible world ending situation without saying, 'Pretty please.' Because of a little thing called 'The Sokovia Accords', Ragna rejoined.

You were reading Father's reports, weren't you? Dagmar queried.

Forgive me if my mind can't wrap itself around their stupidity, Ragna retorted. Sansa sighed. That was one of her concerns with her eldest daughter; Ragna had inherited Loki's initial disdain of mortals, specifically, the ones from Midgard. If they were going to have to work with the Midgardians in order to deal with this threat, she would have to tone it down.

Anyway! Get here, like yesterday! Sansa commanded before she went out of communication. Rhaenar conjured up a portal and transported himself and his two younger siblings to the top of the Wall. They looked down and Dagmar gasped.

"By the Vanir! What in the Seven Kingdoms am I looking at?" Dagmar asked in awe, pulling her high collar up around her neck, shielding it from the wind. Dhaerin reached his hand out and his eyes glowed purple as he attempted to take over one of the undead soldiers. Rhaenar and Dagmar watched him. However, a second later, he winced and touched his temples.

"I cannot control them. The hold of their master is too strong and cannot be broken by me," Dhaerin admitted. Rhaenar chuckled.

"Maybe I could try," he suggested. Before her brothers could start arguing, Dagmar tapped their shoulders and when she got their attention, she pointed back towards the forest to the South. They turned and saw that birds were flying up and they heard the trees literally shaking. 

"Our sister and eldest brother are approaching," she said.

"How is she here already?" Rhaenar asked.

"Fenris is the one carrying her, he's the one with magic. She's got nothing to do with it," Dhaerin responded. That was when they heard the scrape and scratch of Fenris' claws as he scaled the Wall. They turned just as he reached the top and he and Ragna were standing there. Ragna's one hand was twisted in his fur, and the other was holding Frostskader. She had a determined, maniacal look in her eyes, and her teeth were bared. Her skin had shifted, revealing her royal, Jotun heritage.

"They're advancing?" she queried.

"Yes, and apparently some have already made it through to the other side. You heard Mother say Midgard is their intended target," Dagmar answered.