Chapter 42 - Sansa Says Her Peace

Sansa came out of the bunkroom they had given her and Loki, closing it securely behind her and appraising the hallway. The federal agents around her looked at her and she saw the expressions on their faces. She smirked as she breezed by them, her high heeled boots clicking on the floor. She knew that Loki had gone in search of the bridge, and she was following him there. Sansa ignored most of the people around her, until she felt a presence behind her and she turned around quickly, a hand reaching for the soft skin in the hollow of the neck of her pursuant. She was not surprised to see that it was Natasha Romanoff. She had seen her face in the mirror a few times when she used it as disguise for herself. "You could have announced yourself," Sansa said as she withdrew her hand from Natasha's throat.

"Would you have stopped yourself?" Natasha posed.

"Possibly..." Sansa responded. The two women looked at each other before Sansa said, "Could you escort me to the 'bridge'?" Natasha nodded and they began their walk. Natasha glanced at Sansa, feeling just a little miffed that this woman was taller than her. "The Black Widow, who gave you that name?" Sansa suddenly asked.

"It was my code name given to me by the Red Room," Natasha answered. Sansa nodded, her hand sliding to her rapier. Natasha saw it and a slight grin appeared on her face."That your weapon of choice?" Sansa looked at her weapon and smiled.

"Yes. Loki trained me in its use and made me capable of defending myself," Sansa explained and that was when Natasha saw a loving, soft smile come across her face. "He made me feel safe."

"Funny, last time I saw him, he made me feel unsafe," Natasha commented. Sansa's facial muscles hardened at that, her eyes narrowed, and her mouth crimped up.

"Yes, well, you caught him on a bad day," Sansa responded, a sharp, cold edge in her voice.

"His 'bad day' cost more than a thousand people their lives, and this world it's sense of security," Natasha fired back and that was when she found her back up against the wall. A few agents stepped forward, their hands on their sidearms. Natasha was looking up into Sansa's icy, blue eyes and finding herself staring into a world of borderline hatred.

"So typical of you mortals to judge everything at face value. Your judgments make me sick to my stomach! Speak your words carefully in my presence, or you'll find yourself with a hole in your chest," Sansa warned before she released Natasha and walked away, ignoring everyone. Until, another woman cut her off. "Get out of my way," Sansa commanded.

"You sound just like your husband. I lost my partner because of him," the female agent said. Sansa's eyebrow went up and she placed her hand on her hip. 

"So, your idea of vengeance is to try to elicit a feeling of remorse from me? Did you see your partner die with your own eyes? Or did you simply find his name on a list afterward?" Sansa asked. When she asked the first question, the agent shifted her feet side to side. When she asked the second, her posture stiffened. Sansa got her answers from the woman's non-verbal cues. "So, you found his name on a list. Well, sweetie, I watched my father get beheaded right in front of me as I screamed for mercy. I am not the person to talk to about losing somebody I cared about. I more than cared about my father; he was my protector and the man who loved me with all his heart. I've seen hundreds die in actual war; in battles that we chose to fight because we were trying to protect our lives, our liberties, and our way of being. And guess who made our victories possible?" The agent was really fidgeting at this point. "My husband almost died the last time. But he wasn't about to lay down and let our foe take away everything we built together. Keep your opinions to yourself. If my husband could have stayed in Westeros instead of coming here, he would have. But, he wasn't about to let our country fight this war without him. Be f—king grateful," Sansa informed her. Natasha blinked at hearing that strong language come from Sansa's pretty lips. She pushed past the agent and snapped her fingers. That was when Alfhiem appeared out of nowhere and jumped up her arm, crawling to her shoulder. The cat's mouth went to her ear and she seemed to be listening to it. Sansa nodded and continued her walk. Natasha followed at a semi-discreet distance. Suddenly, from around a corner, Sansa's eldest son appeared and approached his mother. "Rhaenar, what is it?" Sansa asked, her hand coming up and touching his cheek. Mother and son looked at each other.

"Father, Aunt Daenerys, Uncle Tyrion, and Director Fury want to discuss how to divide and conquer, as it were," Rhaenar told her. 

"I'm assuming Ragna is already present?" Sansa queried as they continued to walk. 

"She is there, along with her guard."

"And yours?"

"Right behind me," Rhaenar answered and Sansa turned to see Wanda Maximoff standing several yards away. Sansa signaled with a wave of her hand for the girl to approach. Wanda did not know why she felt drawn to respond to this woman's command, but she did. Soon, she was standing in front of Sansa Frostborn. Sansa looked the girl and used her power to see the girl's aura. It was red, and she could tell it was manufactured; unnatural. 

"Watch my son's back when he isn't paying attention. Know when he will need you before he does. Try to harm him in anyway, and I will make you suffer agonies you didn't think were possible," Sansa warned.

"Mother!" Rhaenar mock exclaimed before he kissed her forehead.

"I'm your mother and that's my job," she responded coolly. Wanda Maximoff tried not to think of her mother and how protective she was of her and Pietro. "Now then, we're going to the bridge. And just saying, if anybody else decides their opinion is worth speaking out loud, I will stab them in the throat," Sansa declared and she pushed between Rhaenar and Wanda, and continued to walk towards the bridge. Rhaenar looked to Wanda and just grinned before he followed his mother.