|| 2 ||

I squat down, panting as I take a gulp of water. This rehearsal was rough. We had a dance practice today. And there was a lot of it.

"Don't worry Y/N, it gets easier," Lauren says patting me on the back and squatting down next to me.

"How are you such a good dancer. It blows my mind," I say still out of breath.

"It comes with practice," She says giving my a smile of sympathy. I take another sip of water before getting up and retying my hair.

"How're you holding up?" Robert says approaching me.

"Getting there," I say chuckling.

"That's alright, you'll get used to it," he replies. "Uh, I was wondering where you've staying, and if it's alright if I crash for a bit,"

"Oh, uh, I'm sure that's ok,"

"Sorry, It's just that I live in Australia, and I don't exactly have anywhere to stay. I've kinda just been crashing with different people," he explains rubbing his neck.

"You live in Australia?"

"Uh, yeah,"

"That's so cool! I used to live in Australia until I was 13,"

"Oh really? Finally, another Australian in the Starkid team. Thank God I'm not the only one," He says and I laugh.

"You can totally crash, I have a spare room and literally no company," I say.

"Thank you so much. I don't mean to be a burden,"

"No, no, you aren't a burden at all. I could use the company," I say smiling at him reassuringly.

"Can I hug you? I'm a hugger," He says grinning.

"Of course," I reply as he gives me a friendly hug.

"Thanks a bunch," he says, walking away to go to talk to Jon.

"What was that about?" Lauren says approaching me.

"Robert just asked if he could crash at mine,"

"Oh yeah, he's basically asked every single one of us," she says laughing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"That was way harder than I expected" I say talking to Robert on the way out.

"That's exactly what I thought on my first day of dance rehearsals," He replies.

"But you're literally a natural,"

"I did dance for like 6 years when I was a kid,"

"See? You're just good at it,"

"You'll get better, I'm sure of it. Plus, you're not even that bad. You're getting the hang of it,"

"Whatever you say," I say rolling my eyes.

"I do say. Don't be so hard on yourself," He tells me, looking straight at me.

"This is my car. Where'd you park?" I ask.

"I few cars down. I'll follow you to your house," He says.

"Ok," I reply getting into my car. I sigh. That was difficult. But I guess I'll take on board what Lauren and Robert told me. It'll get easier.

I start the car once Robert's gotten into his car and pull out of the parking spot. I look in the rearview mirror and see Robert give me thumbs up, signalling me to continue driving. I roll down the window about halfway and turn on some Starkid songs to listen to. I can't help but to sing along, because come on. The songs are catchy. In no longer than fifteen minutes, I reach my house. Thankfully, Robert didn't get lost and he makes it to my house. I park my car in the garage and get out of the car. "You can park your car in the garage if you want. It's supposed to rain this afternoon," I tell him. He nods and drives into the garage.

"This is me. My house. Mi Casa," I say, and then instantly regret it.

"Woah," He says looking around.

"What? What's wrong?"

"Oh, no, just. This is gorgeous," He says mesmerised.

"Thank you! I bought it 2 years ago. I had been living in an apartment before that," I explain.

"That's awesome. So, where am I sleeping tonight,"

"Outside. It might be raining, but It's undercover for the most part," I say, while Robert stares at me trying to figure out if I'm joking or not.

"I'm kidding oh my gosh! I wouldn't do that to you, my Lord. Come upstairs," I say pushing his shoulder. I guess pushing shoulders is my thing, I do it so often. He breathes a sigh of relief and follows me upstairs.

"Here, this is your room," I say opening the door.

"Thanks," He says dropping his bag onto the floor.

"You need to loosen up a bit," I say.

"What?" Robert says laughing and blushing.

"Wanna play Mario Kart?" I ask grinning.

"Sure, but I'll warn you, I'm pretty good,"

"That's pretty confident. Come on, let's go downstairs," I say tugging at his arm. And can I just say: damn. We race downstairs to the lounge room and I set up the game.

"You see, my friends and I always played Mario Kart when we hung out, so I think I'm tough to beat," I say.

"Sounds exhilarating," He replies sarcastically.

"Hey! It was fun!" I say turning to him. I throw a controller at him and he catches it. I sit myself next to him and we choose a course.

I end up winning the first race, and rub it in his face, which only makes him become more competitive. His concentration face while he plays is probably the cutest thing I've seen. Nonetheless, I win again. He stares me down and I just laugh. He avenges his victory in the last two races, so we call it a draw and shake hands.

"I guess there's no telling who's better," I say.

"Sounds like we need to have a rematch sometime then," he replies grinning.

I check my phone and realise I've gotten a text from Lauren.

Lauren: Hey! Just wanted to see if you and Rob wanna meet up with the rest of the cast for dinner at Nick's place at 6?

"Hey Robert,"

"Call me Rob,"

"Alright then," I say laughing. "Hey Rob" I say emphasising "Rob" "Do you wanna meet up with the rest of the cast for dinner at Nicks?"

"Sure, sounds fun," He replies.

Me: Yeah, no problem

Lauren: Ok, cool, I'll send you the address. See you there!

"I should probably get out of these clothes," I say. I'm currently in an oversized t-shirt and leggings. "I'm gonna take a shower. There's another bathroom with a shower down the hallway if you want to as well,"

"Cool, thanks,"

I walk into my room, into the ensuite, and turn on the shower. As the hot steamy water hits my skin I think about today. I've known Rob for 8 hours and I already feel so close to him. Fucking Hell he's hot. But we're just friends, and I've just met him.

I get out of the shower, pulling my hair into a messy bun, and getting dressed into a sweater dress. I pull on some boots, apply a bit of makeup (since I'm not a big fan of makeup) and walk out of the bathroom. Robert's already sitting on the couch on his phone when I walk out into the lounge room. He looks up from his phone and I see a small smile tug at his lips.

"Ready to go?" I ask, checking the time. 5:38pm

"Yup," He replies.

"I'll drive," I say grabbing the keys, and then we walk out. 

Written
4th October 2019
WC: 1242