|| 43 ||

"This is taking me back to TGWDLM rehearsals," I pant, taking a gulp of water.

"This is when I asked to crash at your house huh," Robert chuckles.

"Yep. You sure were needy,"

"Dude, I was homeless," He laughs, wiping his face with a towel. I laugh with him, shaking my head. "How are you holding up?" He says, recalling TGWDLM rehearsals from last year.

"Getting there," I reply grinning. He laughs, pulling me in for a hug. We don't care that we're hot and bothered. We don't care that we're sweaty and gross. We grasp onto each other anyway. He kisses my head, before we're called back in.

"Hey Al," I say approaching Aliyah.

"Hey," She says back, taking a sip of water.

"Doing alright?" I ask.

"Yeah, I guess so," She shrugs.

"Are you ok?" I ask her, sensing her uneasiness.

"Yeah! Totally ok," She smiles. Though I call bullshit.

"Are you sure? You don't seem yourself," I tell her.

She sighs, putting her water down.

"Fine. If you really want to know, my parents kicked me out. They figured out that I went to New York,"

"Wait they didn't know?" I say shocked.

"Nope. I didn't tell them. Didn't want to. They wouldn't let me anyway. But I really wanted to go. So I told myself that nothing was really stopping me. They're just my parents. Really really shitty parents," She said shakily.

"Oh I'm so sorry Aliyah," I say softly. "Where are you staying?"

"At an old friend's house. But I can't stay for long," She mumbles.

"Ok," I say, pulling her in for a hug. At first she flinches, but then hugs me back. We walk towards the group. Robert raises an eyebrow at me. I mouth I'll tell you later to him. He just nods.

I hang my bag from my shoulder, sighing. I grab Rob's hand and swing it nervously.

"Aliyah got kicked out," I blurt.

"What?" He says taking a step back.

"Yep! Now what do we do?"

"Where is she staying tonight?" He asks.

"A friends house, but she can't stay there,"

"Well, we're going to check out houses aren't we? Why dont," He begins, facing me. "We let her live with us?" He brushes my cheek.

"Woah. That's a bit much," I say, widening my eyes.

"Hey, you let me in. And you literally didn't even know me,"

"Yeah, I guess you're right,"

"Honestly, I still don't see why you did," He laughs.

"First of all, you were hot. A hot guy. Asking to stay at my place. How could I say no? Second of all, I'm just nice like that. Third of all, I was lonely,"

"I could've murdered you, for all you knew," He chuckles, disregarding me calling him hot.

"But you didn't," I point out.

"So what do you say? She's 16. And just got kicked out. She needs it," He begins walking to the car again.

"You're so right," I nod. "Yeah, I agree,"

"So that's a yes?" He says opening the car door.

"I guess it is," I smile. We pull out of the driveway and drive to the homes. We walk to the house we both liked. It's four bedrooms, two bathrooms.

The outside is gorgeous, with white exterior walls with light brown bricks. We open the door and take a look around. It's fabulous. Perfect, even.

Robert and I look at each other, before nodding at the same time.

~ Time skip through all of the boring, adulty stuff. Let's just say it took

"Is that the last box?" I ask, placing the final one into the shipping truck.

"Yep," he replies.

"Great," I smile. The truck is then driven to the house that we bought. (It's already built and stuff because I can't be bothered to make a long process)

We drive to the house and start moving the boxes and everything into the new house. It's empty and even smells new.

We place the last piece of furniture in. I stand with my hands on my hips, as I use the back of my hand to wipe my forehead.

"We still have to go to rehearsals," I groan.

"Hey, that way we can talk to Aliyah," He nudges me.

"Yeah, at least there's that," I smile again.

We drive to the studio. We're told that we're just doing singing practice today, which is good since I'm exhausted and don't feel like dancing. Although, throughout the whole rehearsal I can't stop feeling both anxious and excited to tell Aliyah. She looks extra down today, so I hope this news makes her happy.

We finish up rehearsals. I thank Nick and say goodbye to everyone before pulling Aliyah aside.

"We know you've been going through a lot," I begin. She looks down. "And so Rob and I have been thinking. We just bought a new house, with plenty of space, so why don't you live with us?" I tell her. "I know it's a big decision, and a lot to ask, but we're willing to let you stay with us,"

"Wait, really?" Her eyes light up.

"Yes! We just moved boxes this morning! We can go take you there now! Or if you want you can grab your stuff. Whatever you want," I chuckle nervously. She doesn't reply, just hugs me and sobs into my shoulder.

"Thank you so much," She says. I hug her back.

"You're welcome," I say smiling weakly.

"I'd like to go pick up whatever I have left, then we can go to the house," She grins.

"Of course," I say, as we pick up our bags. I go over to Rob, who is talking to James, and we walk out of the studio to the car. With the directions of Aliyah, we go to her friends place and she picks up all of her stuff. Which unfortunately is not a lot.

"This is it," She says. It barely fills the (boot? Trunk? I still don't know). We drive over to the house. When we get there she gasps.

"This is where we're living?" She asks. Rob and I smile.

"Yep," Rob replies, as we get out of the car.

We help Aliyah unpack her things. Then we take the rest of the day to set up furniture and unpack boxes.

yEeT

Written
9th November 2019
WC: 1057