|| 4 ||

I wake up and check the time. It's 7:30am. I don't expect Robert to be awake yet, since I'm an early bird and my body just decides to walk up early. I stumble out of bed and check on Rob. He's still adorable, and sleeping peacefully. I smile and close the door. I go back in my room and get dressed into something casual. Then I sit on my bed and look through Instagram. I scroll to the post that Robert posted last night. I never got to see it. We look cute. He looks cute. Far out, I think I like Robert. But it's so difficult to tell since I barely know him. From the two days that I've spent with him, I feel like I already know so much about him. But I'm sure he doesn't even think about me the same way. And I don't expect him to.

I open the cupboard and get out the ingredients to make pancakes. Since I'm obsessed with pancakes and I make them so often, I get them done before Rob wakes up. I decide to wait for Robert to wake up, no matter how strong the urge is to start eating. After twenty minutes of waiting, I hear a sleepy Robert stumble down the hallway. His hair is all messy, but somehow still perfectly curly.

"Good morning!" I say looking up at him.

"Morning," He replies smiling.

"Want some pancakes?" I ask.

"That would be awesome," He replies sitting at the table. I grab some toppings and the pancakes and move it all to the table. We both take a pancake and start eating.

"Hey Rob," I say.

"Mm?" He replies with his mouth full.

"You have something on your face," I lie.

"What? Where?" He replies, his mouth still full.

"Right," I say moving closer to him. "Here," I say and wipe chocolate on his cheek.

"Oh you're so gonna get it," He threatens, grabbing chocolate and getting up from his seat. Before he can get me back I run away screaming and laughing. He chases me around the house, and the finally gets chocolate on my forehead, nose and left cheek. I decide there's no use in getting it off with a napkin, so I finish my breakfast first, and then wash it off. Once we're both finished breakfast, we sit on the couch. Robert sits down and lie down next to him, with my head on his lap and my feet hanging off the edge.

"We should do something today," I say.

"Oh yeah? Like what," He replies looking down at me.

"Lauren told me she was going picnicking with Jaime but she quit, because she had something on. Wanna go with her instead?" I explain.

"Sure, sounds fun," He replies smiling. His smile is so precious, and he smiles all the time. I smile back at him. I text Lauren asking if she's alright for us to go out with her. She replies saying that it's cool for us to go, so we part ways together ready. I put on a yellow sweater and black jeans and put my hair into a half up half down hairstyle. I don't bother putting on any makeup- mainly because I'm really just not bothered. I walk out and see Robert's already ready to go.

"Alrighty, onward we go!" I say pointing at the door.

We get to the park, and I sport Lauren already sitting on her phone. Robert and I make it a plan to sneak up behind her and scare her. Giggling, he tiptoe towards her, and on the count of three, scream and grab her back. She screams and immediately turns around.

"Holy shit you guys! You scared the crap out of me!" She says hitting our arms. Rob and I are both laughing in stitches at this point. We end up talking and getting to know each other better, while we snack on small foods. It's a windy day, yet still fairly sunny. When the time hits 1pm, Lauren gets up after checking her phone.

"Oh my gosh, sorry guys, something's come up. I have to go. Thanks for coming today!" She says hugging us both. "You can keep the picnic stuff, and return it to me whenever I see you next,"

"Ok thanks. Bye!" I reply waving at her as she walks away. "So do you wanna stay?" I turn to Robert.

"Yeah," He replies.

"Ok," I reply. A smile grows on my face. "Wanna play tips?" I ask like a child.

"It's on," He says. "I'll give you five seconds to run away," He says closing his eyes. As he count to five, I run as fast as I can to a nearby tree and stand behind it. Five seconds is over, and I peer around the tree to see Robert stand up looking for me. I accidentally step on a stick on the ground snapping it, making a loud noise. I hear footsteps come closer to me, and as I look to the left of me I see Robert coming towards me. I immediately run away as fast as I can, running past and around trees, over rocks and down hills. Robert finally catches up to me, grabbing me on the waist and pulling me in, both of us laughing hysterically. Once we realise we're basically hugging, we let go and I clear my throat. We sit down and continue to talk. Before we know it, time flies by and the sun is setting.

"Oh my gosh I love sunsets," I say taking my phone out.

"Me too," He replies taking his out. Before I take a photo of the sunset, I pull my phone in front of us and put my head on his shoulder. I take a photo of us as we smile goofily, and I post it. I make the caption:

"Love spending time with this one @robertwmanion"

I hold my phone up to take a photo of the sunset, in which I also post onto my story and then we both just watch the sun go down.

"Hey Y/N," He says looking at me.

"Yeah," I reply looking back at him.

"I like you. As in, like like you," he says. My stomach fills with butterflies and my heart beats faster.

"Really?" I reply.

"Yes. And that's ok if you don't like me back, I just thought you should know," he smiles that beautiful smile at me.

"I like you too Rob," I say.

"Actually?" He asks.

"Actually," I confirm. We both lean in, and our lips touch. This is perfect. I'm kissing Robert fucking Manion while the sun is fucking setting. How much better could this be?? We pull away and he moves my hair behind my ear.

"I guess we're a thing now," Robert says grinning.

"I guess we are,"

Written
5th October 2019
WC: 1148