|| 35 ||

"I'm gonna do it," I say finally, already typing.

"You are?" He replies excitedly "Are you sure?"

"Adamant," I say nodding, then hitting send.

"Oh, you've literally already done it, alright," Rob says laughing.

"I did it before I changed my mind. Now I have to do it," I nod faster now, making Robert laugh at me.

"Well, I'm happy for you!" He grins.

"Wait- weren't your and Mariah's characters supposed to like, be a thing?" I ask laughing.

"Supposedly, yeah," he replies catching on.

"This could be a disaster," I say shaking my head.

"Hey, we gotta keep it professional," He looks at me sternly.

"No, I agree, we can't let feelings or anything get in the way of the show," I nod.

"Except it does help," He winks.

"Ew, don't wink," I laugh looking away. He laughs back at me.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I wake up on a Saturday morning about a week later.

I groggily sit up in my bed, rubbing my eyes, as I feel around for my phone. I check the time. 6:56am. Typical early bird. I fall back onto my pillow sighing, as I scroll through Instagram. I look at the date, sitting up again. It's my birthday.

25. I'm turning 25. What a hell of a year, too.

As time goes by, a begin to get some birthday wishes, and I try to reply to all of them. Smiling, I repost a drawing, before I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I say softly. I smily Robert waltzes into the room sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Happy birthday!" She yells before tackling me in a hug. I laugh in his arms as he squeezes me.

"Thank you," I exhale, smiling.

He kisses me on the forehead before pulling away.

"I made pancakes!" He grins.

"Wait really?" I say in disbelief.

"Yeah! I know they're your favourite, so I made them!"

"That's so sweet, but can I trust your cooking?" I say laughing, getting out of bed. He pauses for a moment, before looking at me again.

"It's the thought that counts," He responds, earning a laugh from me.

I get out of bed and see the pancakes stacked on the table. There's already a plate ready for me.

"Coffee?" Rob asks.

"Yes please!" I call back. I grab one of the pancakes, smothering it with chocolate and cream. I take a bite. It's actually pretty good.

"This is really good, Rob!" I exclaim, taking another bite.

"Bullshit, you can tell the truth," He laughs, turning on the coffee machine.

"No, seriously, it's good!" I say with my mouth full.

"Oh! Well, thank you!" He smiles at me.

I finish the pancakes, and he grabs my plate, placing it in the sink.

He puts a card on the table in front of me.

"That's your gift. Open it!" He exclaims, pulling out his phone to record me.

Skeptical, I rip open the card. There's a plane ticket. Two of them, actually. My heart skips a few beats. Robert smiles as I look at him, confused.

"Read the card!" He says excitedly.

Y/N,

Happy Birthday! I love you more than you know, and I hope you have the best day ever. This past year that I've spent with you has been the best one I could ever ask for, despite any of our ups and downs.

As you may know, I was planning on going to New York for a week tomorrow.

But with the help of some Starkids (because I'm broke as hell), we've paid for you to come with me! We've bought your plane ticket and accomodation. I would try to be a gentleman and buy your food and stuff, but I can't make any guarantees.

I love you,
Robert

My eyes well up with tears.

"Really?" I ask in disbelief. He nods. "Thank you!" I exclaim getting out of my chair to wrap him up in a hug. "I was going to miss you, if you left me in this house alone for a week,"

"But now you get to come with me!" He finishes.

"Yes! I'm so excited now!" I say. I turn to the phone in Robert's hand, that he's using to film. "Thanks so much to all of the Starkids that helped out and and pitched in for this! I love you all so much," I say, and then he stops the video.

Then I run into my room like a little kid to begin packing for the trip.

A/N Short chapter, I know

Written
2nd November 2019
WC: 770