|| 22 ||

I wake up to a silent house. I walk into the kitchen to see a note left on the kitchen table. Old school, he's adorable.

Going to the gym. Might take a bit longer than usual. Love you <3

I smile at the note, and then make some breakfast.

Mariah asks me to come over to film a video, so I do. I get dressed into a skirt, crop top and a denim jacket and tie my hair up in a high ponytail.

I knock on her door and she opens the door instantly. She pulls me inside, giggling and we run to the lounge room where she's already set up the camera.

"Alright my dude, what are we doing today," I ask her.

"I actually invited Lauren and Jaime over too, they'll be here soon, so I was thinking of doing meet the plastics from mean girls"

"Iconic, I love it. Who's who?"

"I haven't figured that out yet. But someone'll have to be Janis and Damien mixed into one I guess,"

We hear a knock at the door and Mariah jogs to go and get the door. She's met with Jaime and Lauren. They walk towards where I'm sitting and we tell them the idea. They both nod.

"I don't mind being Janis, I don't know much about the show anyway," Jaime says.

"I'm literally wearing a Karen outfit, currently," I say laughing.

"Oh my gosh I should change," Mariah says eagerly. "I have white jeans and a white shirt, I can be Regina!" She gets up to get dressed.

"I guess that leaves me as Gretchen," Lauren states.

"Is that cool?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine with that," She replies smiling. Mariah walks out with a similar outfit to Regina's one. We listen to the song a few times just to wrap our heads around our parts before finally filming it.

It takes way too many tries, because we continuously keep messing it up and laughing. We finally get one take that sounds pretty decent and we aren't laughing hysterically.

We hang out at Mariah's for another hour, before I tell everyone that I should be getting home. I say goodbye to them, and then drive home. When I get home Robert's back and is sitting on the couch.

"Hey Rob, how are you feeling?"

"Great actually," He looks at me smiling.

"Oh, that's awesome!" I say taken back by the sudden change in mood.

"I got a new job at Universal," He grins. "It's a place that makes me genuinely feel happy," He says shrugging.

"That's amazing, Rob. I'm so happy for you," I say hugging him. "I'm glad it makes you feel better," I tell him.

"I hope it's ok that I won't be around as often anymore,"

"Of course that's ok. We'll have plenty of time to hang out," I say rubbing his arm. "You'll look cute in the uniform,"

He rolls his eyes "Yeah, yeah," he scoffs.

- - - - - - - - - - -

"Hey, what are you doing?" Robert says as he creeps up behind me. I scream, as I wasn't expecting him. Out of fear I quickly shut my laptop and close my notebook beside me.

"Woah, what's there to hide?" He says laughing.

"Uh, nothing," I reply blushing.

"Come on, you can tell me," he says getting nervous.

"Don't worry about it, it's not important,"

"I enjoy small, unimportant things too,"

I don't reply. I don't really want him seeing what I'm working on.

"Fine, if you really don't want me to see it, I'll leave you alone then," He says frowning. I continue to stay silent. He leaves the room without another word and I instantly feel bad. Maybe I'll show him when I'm finished. I open my laptop and notebook again and bite on my pencil, thinking about where I left off.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I walk out to see Robert on the couch again.

"Sorry I didn't let you see what I was doing. I'm just not ready to show anyone," I mumble rubbing my arm.

"That's ok, I should've respected your privacy," He responds, not taking his eyes off the TV.

"What are you watching?"

"This new series, wanna watch it with me?"

"Sure," I respond sitting next to him. He wraps his arm around me without thinking and I snuggle up against his chest. We sit there for a while, watching the TV, completely captivated by what's going on. I feel myself drifting off to sleep in his arms. I listen to him laugh softly, before I fall asleep.

A/N I'm working on some new stories that I might put out soon!

Written
19th October 2019
WC: 754