|| 41 ||

Aliyah: I'm sorry I didn't make it today

Me: What happened?

Aliyah: Nothing. It's ok. Can we do tomorrow?

I think. Nick said he'd be able to take her in any time this week if she changed her mine.

Me: Of course. I'll see you then?

Aliyah: Yep

I sigh and close my phone. I wait for another hour or so before they both come out of the recording room, smiling.

"How'd it go?" I ask excitedly.

"Really good," Mariah answers for the both of them.

"That's awesome," I grin. We talk, as we walk out of the building. Then we say goodbye to Mariah, wish her luck for her tour and part ways.

We get in the car, and I tell Rob about Aliyah's text.

"See, I told you it was nothing! We'll see her tomorrow," He brushes my cheek with his hand.

"Yeah, you were right," I admit, before we drive off, back home.

The next day, we sit outside of the studio, waiting for Aliyah again.

"You're sure she's coming today?" Nick raises an eyebrow.

"I'm going to be honest, I don't know," I sigh.

"I don't have forever," Nick says bluntly.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry, I'm sure she's on her way," I apologise. Finally, we see a girl in pigtails walking towards us.

"Aliyah! You made it!" Rob exclaims. I hug her right away.

"Ready?" I smile at her.

"Ready," she exhales nervously.

"Hey, you'll do great," I assure her. She nods, before walking in with Nick. I press my ear up against the door to try and hear her, but they're too far away for me to hear them. I can only very faintly hear Aliyah singing, but only at her loudest points of her song. Still, I can't make out what she's singing.

She walks out, flustered.

"How was it?" I ask, concerned.

"It was ok," She nods.

"That's not very confident," I wrinkle my forehead.

"I'm not very confident," She replies, shrugging.

"I'm sure you did great," Robert smiles putting his hand on her shoulder. She cracks a small smile.

"We'll get the cast list finalised by next week," Nick tells us. We nod in response.

"Thanks Nick," I say, before we leave the studio.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Oh my goodness!" I exclaim. The cast list has come earlier than expected. I got the part! And so did Aliyah! I'm cast as Lex Foster, and Aliyah's cast as Hannah Foster! Robert's Ethan Green. I'm so excited! The cast list goes out to the public next week.

"Did you see the cast list?" Robert storms into my room, grinning.

"Yes!" I squeal. We hug each other excitedly.

"Also guess what?" Robert tells me, pulling away.

"What?"

"Our Seventeen cover just got posted!" He tells me.

"Really?" I exclaim. "I have to go listen to it, immediately," I tell him.

I open my laptop and search up Mariah's name in the YouTube search bar. The cover is the first thing that comes up. I listen to it, and it instantly gives me chills. It's only Mariah's voice in the beginning. It's so good already.

Then I hear Robert's voice. "Holy shit," I mumble.

"What?" He asks, worried.

"This is. So. Good," I say, not taking my eyes off the screen.

They hit their "tonight" line and it sends literal shivers down my spine, causing me smile big.

"Holy, fucking shit," I laugh. He laughs back.

She song finishes, and all I can do it wrap him in a hug.

"Dude that was amazing," I exhale, shaking my head in disbelief.

"You really think so?" He asks, rubbing his neck.

"Of course I think so!" I exclaim.

"Thank you," He says sincerely.

"You're welcome," I giggle. I immediately text Mariah.

Me: JESUS CHRIST GIRL

Mariah: What?

Me: THE COVER!?!?!?! Dude you killed it!

Mariah: Haha thank you!

Me: You're so welcome! I can't stop listening to it now. You're an angel

Mariah: Stop it, you're the angel. Thank you, I love you

Me: Ly!! Miss you already x

Mariah: CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING LEX!!

Me: AH THANK YOU

Mariah: You're gonna do so good! I can't wait to watch it now

Me: I can't wait to star in it, but I know I could never be able to match your skill

Mariah: You don't need to. You're just as good

Me: Haha bullshit

Mariah: I promise. You'll do great, everyone will love you just as much

Me: God I hope so

Mariah: I know so

A/N Ok, so I'm going to try and end this book, no longer than 50 chapters. 50 is a bit excessive, and will get boring real quick if it isn't boring already.

I'm thinking of writing another, new, seperate Robert book because they're fun to write

Also it's my birthday :)

Written
8th November 2019
WC: 815