Chapter 90 - Reunion

I tried my best to suppress myself there. I had almost lost myself. It seems like the rapid increase in level and the gathered souls of the monster army was somehow stimulating my demonic urge there which led to the destruction of the hill nearby. It was lucky that the army of undead that was swarming over the hills was only mass of dead body manipulated by a lump of mana. Otherwise, another wave of souls would flow inside me and I might lose myself for real then.

'Is something wrong, Ren-sama?'

I received the message from Karina. 

'It's nothing. I was just surprised to see a large number of the enemy would come to welcome us. No wonder Fianna sent me the SOS signal continuously since last night.'

I said trying to avert the conversation topic.

'Then, we need to regroup with them as soon as possible.'

Karina suggested.

'Ah, that's true.'

I said. I looked at the sea of flame below me. I used my alchemy and removed the oxygen from the flames. Losing the fuel to keep them stay ablaze, the flames were put in no time. 

But, having a bigger size made my rang also increased. If I didn't have this colossal body, I doubt I could reach everyone in the army with my alchemy. Well, there are people said that everything has its merit and loss. I guess it was one of them.

I landed on the scorched plain. There was some faint heat coming from the burnt grass. I planned to forcefully cool it down but it might destroy the soil so I didn't do it. I warned the passengers on my back about the state of the soil.

One by one, my comrades descended from my back. I took off the passenger carrier bag and stored it inside my inventory. I also took off my visor and put it inside along with the bag. I looked around. There was no sign of hostility from nearby. I activated my human transformation magic. I stretched my shoulders a bit. It was kind of weird when you got accustomized to the dragon form for a long time and returned into human form afterward.

"Is something wrong, Ren-sama?"

Karina asked.

"No, it's nothing. Let's head to Shiina's place right away."

I said. We walked toward the direction where Fianna was in. It didn't take us a long time for us to spot them. Between the gaps of the trees, there were many people wearing a simple outfit made of leather and dried plants.

A girl jumped out from the group and using her superhuman strength she leaped toward me. She was so fast that it felt like my body just received a body blow from a human-sized truck running on 40 km/h. I was pushed back for several meters before finally stopped.

I looked at the culprit and sighed. I leaked a smile seeing the girl crying in my arm while tightly hugging me and cried. I patted her head.

"Sorry for making you wait for a long time, Shiina."

I said. She didn't say anything and just cried like a child. It seems like it had been so hard for her. Alicia approached us. I was worried if she would get jealous of this but I was wrong. Toward my crying little sister, she hugged her from behind to soothe her and had her effectively got sandwiched between us.

At the distance, I saw Karina and Shade were discussing something with Fianna. As for my mother and the rest of my group helped Flint to calm the survivors. I wanted to help them but in this condition, I bet it's impossible.

After some time, we managed to organize the survivors and our group for a proper discussion. It was kind of assuring that the discussion could start soon but the atmosphere was kind of unsettling. Well, I might be able to understand that as I turned to the sole girl who acted as their leader until not long ago.

Shiina was attending the meeting while her arms locked with Alicia's and mine like a little kid. The impact from the brink of despair and the pressure she endured all this time had put her into an age regression after that burden left her shoulders. Even Lily who was younger turned into her dragon form and clung to her from behind and comforted her as if she was the older one here.

"Pardon for our state, everyone. Let me introduce myself. I am Ren, Shiina's older brother. This is my wife and the little one here is my daughter, Lilliana."

I introduced my family.

"Sitting beside Fianna over there are my subordinates, Shade, and Karina."

I introduced. The stood up and bowed to everyone. I turned toward my mother's group.

"And lastly, the ones sitting with Flint-san are Nova, Anastasia, Rin, and my mother, Emilia."

I introduced them. The survivors murmured among themselves. It seems like they had something to ask.

"Ah, if you're wondering where we came from, then do you remember the huge dragon from earlier?"

I asked. The survivors listened to me intently.

"We came on that. Or rather my family did. And actually, that dragon is technically my true form."

I said in a joking manner. The survivors looked dumbfounded. They all looked at the vice leader of their group, Flint, as if to confirm it.

"This is a fact. I am also shocked when I heard it from Emilia earlier."

Flint said. They turned their sight to me again. They observed me from the head to toe. They still couldn't believe it. To assure them, I used my partial transformation on my free arm. The ordinary hand changed into the arm of a dragon with distinct white silver scales.

They looked at each other to affirm that they had seen. But, their reaction was beyond my expectations.

The survivors, they prostrated on the ground as if to worship me. Everyone else who witnessed the bizarre state also got dumbfounded. Silence filled the place for some time due to the shock.