Chapter 110 - Summoning Ceremony (IV)

I took some rest after the group of weirdoes left. As expected to deal with a mass of absurdities like them was tiring and made my head hurts. I really need some heavy doses of Alicia's pampering later. 

I opened the menu once again. I tried to select the last batch of the groups, [Demonkin] and [Undead]. Both of them are more or less suited for the enemy characters but beggars can't be a chooser. I must use any possible method to get rid of my troubles.

<<Unable to select multiple groups>>

Suddenly such pop-up appeared. I tilted my head. For some reason, the last two couldn't be summoned at the same time. I scratched my head hard. It seems like I had to spend a long time here. 

"I got no choice huh, but which one is first?"

I talked to myself. Demonkin might have more humane like compared to Undead, but talking about the undead, we have our undead maid moving around out there. I stared at the two choices for some time.

"For now, I guess I can call someone that can be mediated first. I'll ask Alicia to call Anastasia as a Mediator for the Undead."

I decided. I tapped the undead group. When I was about to chant my usual phrase, a blue screen appeared in front of me.

################################################################################

<<Walker of the Boundary of Underworld, Answers the Call of Thine Master>>

<<O Gatekeeper of the Underworld, Bless the Warriors Chosen by Thine Master to walk with the Living>>

################################################################################

As soon as the pop-up appeared, a dark purple magic circle spread on the floor. It shone from time to time like a heartbeat. After that, instead of the multiple magic circles, dark fog rose from the center of the magic circle followed by a slowly raising stone gate.

The gate had the motif of skeletons being mashed up together. The skulls carved on the gate looked like the skulls of the sinners who wanted to escape the hell. The stone gate rose upward till near the ceiling before stopping. On both sides of the gate, two figures holding death scythe stood silently. They had their whole figures covered in dark robes. Even idiots could tell that they were grim reapers. They moved to the gate, they pushed the gate inward and revealed the endless dark corridor I used to see in the boundary of life and death.

I got some bad feelings from the gist of this summoning sequence. From inside the gate, I saw five figures walking out. They had their body covered in pitch-black robes and white faceless masks. They walked forward easily despite having their sight being fully covered by the mask. The only thing that gave me the bad feeling was the black chains that extended from the corridor toward their four limbs and the chocker on their neck.

After they passed the gate, the two grim reapers bowed at me. they tapped the magic circle with their scythe. As soon as they did this, the loose chain was pulled in. The chain wrapping the limbs came off in instant. The black robes covering the five got caught in the chain and was pulled into the abyss at high speed, revealing their figures.

The gate closed down then sinking back into the magic circles with the grim reapers. They nodded at me once before they completely sank into the magic circle. The large magic circle vanished leaving the five inside the room. They kneel down like loyal retainers as soon as the magic circle vanished.

They have a unique aura around them. Also, their size, equipment, and probably the race are varied. It was completely visible from how they look.

"We have come to answer your call, Your Majesty."