Chapter 114 - After the Negotiation

I was rather shocked when I saw this with my own eyes. I never thought that I would witness such a miracle before my eyes. In fact, I had underestimated the potential of the fairy tribe. It had been 4 days since the discussion being held with the leaders. 

After the long discussion, we got a positive answer from Menia, Titania, and Flora. They all agree with the first offer of cooperation in fending the Gluttony Demon Lord. However, they still had to put the decision of creating a utopia under my wing on hold. As for Aslan and Diana, they couldn't take any decision by themselves. 

They were just representatives of their kin's council. They needed to report to the leader of every tribe of their kin within the council before discussing the next move. It was a big demerit in government as every decision made must be discussed twice. And without a leader, the group was easy to split and crushed one by one.

Let's go back to the main topic. Right now, I was watching over the area where the world tree seedling was planted. The seedling of the world tree was a type of plantation that needed a long time to grow large. It was said that it needs around 50 years for it to grow large enough to be able to create a barrier that could fend lesser and medium demon beasts.

But, with the help of Flora's kin, the tree was receiving a big boost in its growth. The small seedling grew larger and taller as time passed. With their blessing, the tree was growing well. Or rather, it was growing too fast. It is kind of weird to see a scene akin to a fast-forwarded plant growth video diary.

The previously less than 50 centimeters seedling had grown into a 10 meters tree and was still growing taller as the magic power was given by Flora's kind through a certain ritual. As it grew taller, the barrier became stronger and the area it could protect became larger than ever. But, this probably wasn't enough to stop the Gluttony Demon Lord himself even though it could stop the army.

Gaining new allies is a good thing for us. It increased our strength and covering some of what it lacks. However, there are still problems. The first one, the need for time to adapt to each other. It was impossible for two groups with different characteristics and appearance to mix well on the first day. The second one is that it also increased the thing that we must protect and increased the number of our weaknesses.

Furthermore, this alliance is something that you could call fragile too. Even the Lords signed an agreement with ours, it didn't mean that everyone that those Lords ruled over agreed with this agreement. Within this fragile peace, there is still a chance for a betrayal to happen, just like when I lost two of my comrades and my newborn nephew. Maybe I should try to trick them somehow to become my subordinates using the legion system.

Ah, no good. I was becoming weird as my stress piled up. I think my Alicianium reserve is getting depleted faster than expected. I need to see her and soon. Now then, let's tackle the troublesome matters early and look for her right away.

When I was about to leave, I felt something was weird for a moment. It was as if someone was looking at me from the distance with malicious intent. I looked left and right but found nobody acting suspiciously.

Clairvoyance? But I doubt a goblin had something like that in his possession. But, where is this discomfort coming from?

Just as I pondered about it, the sensation disappeared. I squinted my eyes at the direction of the discomfort coming from for some time before leaving toward my office. 

***********************************************************************************************

At the same time, in a certain place...

"Tch! It broke too fast." 

A figure said as he looked at the broken crystal ball in his hand.