Prologue

NYC, New York:

“I’m going to Paris! Can you believe it that I'm finally going?! Woohoo!" Faith yelled at the top of her voice and jumped up and down her bed, much to the dismay of her twin brother, Logan.

“You’re excited. I get it.” Logan said, reluctantly packing her stuff into her suitcase. “Jeez. All of your stuff is pink. Do you have anything that is… not pink?”

Faith was over the moon. She couldn’t believe that she was finally going to Paris. She had been saving for this for months. And now she could finally afford it. She had totally earned this vacation. And she was going to make the most of it. Working extra hours at the burger shack and managing her academics simultaneously, she felt like she deserved a pat on her back.

From the time they set out from home till the time they reached the airport, there wasn't a single moment when she didn't remind her family that she was actually going to Paris. At one point, Logan threatened to stop driving if she didn't shut up. The unhappiness of her being away for two weeks was coming out as irritation. Never had he spent this much time away from her. At the airport, Faith hugged her parents and brother goodbye.

“This is the first time…” Her mom sobbed in between her words, “She’s going this far. Alone.” And she started to cry frantically.

“Mommy! Calm down please.” Faith assured her. “There’s a whole group out there. I’m not alone. I’ll be fine! Bye now mom, dad. Bye bitch.” She turned to her brother and smiled, but earned a frown from her father.

LA, California:

“No, I don’t want work calls for the coming fortnight. If a single call gets through, you’re fired. I really need this trip. All the work has really gotten to my head.” Liam hung up on his secretary without even saying a proper goodbye.

He stepped out of his car and gorgeously marched into the airport. The women around all stared in disbelief. It was the hot business tycoon Liam Armstrong. He did not feel the need to oblige them with even a smile. His assistants followed him clumsily with his suitcases in their hands, exchanging nervous glances. Their boss didn't seem to be in a very good mood, and the last thing they wanted was to get fired for holding his bags in the wrong way or not keeping up with his pace.

Liam took long strides as he neared his private jet. He climbed in and settled down. He couldn’t wait to land in Paris. This was a much needed break.

He landed in Paris at eleven o’clock in the morning. The cold September breeze was soothing yet a bit chilly. As he was on his way to get into his car, a tall figure came right in front of him and bumped into his face. Liam felt like his nose was on fire. He rubbed it and took off his shades. He looked down and saw a girl with long black hair gathering her stuff that had just fallen on to the ground.

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter! ♡