32. When His Heart Skips A Beat.

It had been a long day, but time flew in the blink of an eye for Liam and Faith. For Faith, it was by far the best day of her life, ever! On the way back home, she clung to Liam’s body as he rode the bike, not for a second breaching the physical contact between their bodies.

“I want to stay this way forever.” She murmured, taking in the scent of his cologne. Liam didn’t respond verbally, instead he only smiled to himself. He wished the same. He never, ever wanted to let her go.

When they got home, they spotted Margaret sitting in the lawn, basking herself in the sun. When she saw them approach, her old eyes twinkled with sheer joy.

“My kids are back!” She got up from her chair. “Look at yourself you two!” She put her hands on both her cheeks and shook her head in amusement.

Liam put a brake on his motorcycle, and Faith climbed off in as ladylike a manner as she could. She didn’t want to unleash her wild side in front of Liam’s mom. “Hey Margaret!” She blushed.

“Hello darling, did you two lovebirds have fun?” Her smile radiated warmth.

Faith blushed at her usage of words. She put her arms behind her back and bit her lips, as her eyes couldn’t find it in them to look up. Liam was not in a very different condition either. He, just to avoid the topic, kept fidgeting with his bike, never looking at his mom.

“I think I got my answer!” Margaret laughed.

“Mom!” Liam complained in a low voice. “Can you not do that?”

She only chuckled in response before calling them inside. When they entered the living room, Haylee was sitting on the couch, her eyes glued to the television.

“She sure does watch a lot of TV.” Faith made an assertion.

“Yeah, that’s an understatement. She watches every damn show on TV.” Liam responded. “She’s really annoying.”

“I have ears, you know.” Haylee shot back, still looking at the TV. “Hey Faith, how was your day with him?”

Faith giggled. She was more comfortable with Haylee. “Oh, it was really, really good!”

Liam smirked at her words, while Haylee now had something more interesting than the show which was playing on TV. “What happened? DETAILS!!” She turned around and demanded.

“Ask him what happened.” Faith pointed at Liam. “He took me to the beach.”

“Oh. My. Gosh! I got it! That’s so romantic! I’ve only seen it happen in movies!” Haylee climbed on top of the back of the sofa and seated herself on it, legs hanging and hands close to her heart. “Finally you did it!”

Liam and Faith both looked at each other, confused. What was new in a couple going to a beach?

“Mom, they had sex on the beach!” Haylee threw her hands up in the air out of excitement.

“What?” Liam and Faith blurt out together. “No!”

“What? Oh, my boy is all grown up. I’m a bit embarrassed to hear that, but I’m so happy for the two of you!” Margaret squealed with child like glee.

“But mom!” Liam protested, as Faith nodded in approval. “That’s…”

“Oh come on!” Haylee cut him off! “Be a man! And admit it.” Haylee said in a low pitched voice, mimicking Liam’s.

She got him at the word ‘man’. His cheeks were slightly inflated now, and his lips were puffed into a very cute pout. Faith’s eyes moved from Haylee to Liam. He was fuming, and he looked super cute. She forgot to even stand up for herself. Before she could come back to her senses, Liam grabbed her wrist and took off. “Fine!”

When he shut the door behind him, and let go of her wrist, he stood with his face to the door. Faith grinded her teeth as she waited for him to turn around. When he stood still, she tugged at his sleeves, until he responded.

“She asked me to be a man!” He frowned.

“So?” Faith raised her eyebrows at him. “If you hadn’t admitted it, would you become, like… a woman?”

He looked at her, and then shifted his gaze to the floor. “No.” He said in a prolonged tone.

“You’re such a kid at times!” She rolled her eyes. “Tell them ASAP that we didn’t… you know.”

“No, I don’t know… what?” Liam was playing innocent.

“You know... we didn’t have …you know.” She laughed nervously.

“We didn’t have what?” He pushed her.

“Sex goddamit! Sex.” She said, annoyed.

Liam burst out in laughter at the expression on her face. He went up to her and pinched her cheeks. “You’re so cute!”

Just then, they heard a knock on the door. “Go away you fucking brat!”Liam guessed it was her sister.

“Liam, is that how you talk to your mom?” The voice on the other side said.

Liam almost tripped in his position. “Oh fuck.” He whispered, before yelling. “I’m sorry mommy!” His face wore an expression of embarrassment. “Please don’t kill me.” He whispered again.

When he opened the door, it was Haylee. She was standing with one hand on her hip and the other on the wall. “I’m such a badass at impersonating voices.” She winked.

“What a bitch.” He rolled his eyes. “By the way, we did not have sex!” Liam clarified.

“Yeah, I know.” Haylee nodded. “But it was fun! Mom played along with me too!” She grinned.

“Hayles!” Faith stomped her feet and made a sad face.

“I’m sorry babe!” Haylee held her ears and went up to Faith. She gave her a nice, warm hug and apologized.

“Hey! You never apologize to me!” Liam rolled his eyes. “Hello?”

He was ignored as usual. But he didn’t really mind. The way Faith had blended into his family was really nice to see. He felt like she had been a part of this household forever. He smiled when he saw his sister and girlfriend bond, as they made their way out of the room, talking about random stuff. She had changed him into the person he thought was dead. She had changed him for the better, and he wished to be this way for the rest of his life.

The next day, they had all planned on going out for lunch. Faith was still getting dressed, and Margaret stayed due to a minor headache. She asked the kids to go and enjoy themselves.

Liam waited by the gate. He was wearing a blue plaid shirt. Haylee came out wearing blue, too.

“Why do you always have to copy me?” Liam asked, rolling his eyes.

“Yeah, keep dreaming.” Haylee said, and then looked at the door. Her gaze stopped there.

“What are you looking at?” He asked, grinning.

“Liam, look over there. She’s ready.” Haylee said. She was really impressed at what she saw. Liam turned around and saw Faith. She was wearing a white strapless number, and her hair fell freely onto her bare shoulders. She looked absolutely stunning.

Liam’s heart skipped a beat. He couldn’t even manage to utter a single word. He didn’t know how other people saw her, but to him, she was absolutely beautiful. And today, she looked better than she had ever looked. He kept staring at her, totally smitten by her. Silently, he was thankful that this pretty woman in front of him was all his…
Please check out the attached photo. It's cute, but kind of funny too! :P Thank you for reading! Vote and comment if you liked this chapter! ♡