22. LA Calling!!!!

Liam lied down beside Faith and studied her face. How was he just going to ask her to come to LA with him? They just had a few kisses. They hadn’t even officially acknowledged their relationship status! She might even have gotten mad at him. But on the other hand, he had given his word to his mom and Haylee. He couldn’t disappoint them either.

Faith’s face moved. She yawned and sat up, stretching her arms. “I slept so well.” She turned to look at him. “Hey, good morning!” She smiled.

“Well, I want to talk to you about something.”

“Me too.”

“Just four more days, and we’ll have to go our separate ways. Have you thought about it?” Liam asked, planning to break his plan to her as soon as possible.

“Yes Liam. How could I not think about it?” She looked down. “It was just so sad that I didn’t even want to discuss it. But we have to.”

“Tell them everything first.”

“What? No!” She screamed. “Liam! No! I can’t!” She slumped her shoulders sadly. “I’d love to. But mom, she’d be really mad. Dad, too. I’m happy that they don’t know yet.”

“Actually…” He narrowed one eye. “They kind of might.”

“No! No, no, no. No! What?” Her eyes popped out. “Oh no!” She hid her face in her palms. “Liam!” She stuck out her lower lip. “How?”

He handed over his phone to her. As she read the article, her expressions changed to different kinds of horror. “Oh my God. Look at how horrible I look. Why did I pose for that photo? Ugh!” She closed her eyes and frowned. “Mom’s gonna kill me.” She pressed her lips together and closed her eyes, holding back tears and shaking her head.

Liam slumped his head into the soft bedding. “Not. Again.”

“What am I supposed to do? Dance?” Faith shot back at him. “My life. Is in danger. Serious danger, I tell you.”

“What?” He made an irritated expression. “Could your parents want anything else for you?” He shrugged.

“They’d want anything but you.” She rolled her eyes.

“Shut up! I’m rich. I’m handsome. I want to be with you. I take care of you, don’t I?” He nudged her.

“Hmm.” She vigorously nodded.

“So, everything will be alright.” He kissed her. “Let’s go out for a while.”

As soon as she was outside, she momentarily forgot about all her worries. She was smiling and enjoying herself again. Liam took her shopping and Faith ended up buying a lot of stuff for herself as well as for him, with Liam’s money of course. They visited a few tourist spots and clicked a hell lot of photos. She forced him to sit with her and get a drawing of them done by an artist.

“Oh my God! It looks just like me.” She exclaimed when she saw the finished portrait. She tugged at his sleeve to make him see the finished piece.

“What the hell, man? That looks nothing like me!” Liam complained.

For some reason, the artist drew Faith beautifully and very realistically. It looked just like her. Liam’s portrait, however, turned out to be more of a caricature. He reluctantly paid the artist and left the spot. They stopped at a small café and ordered coffee.

“Feel better yet?” He asked her, as he passed her the cup of coffee.

“Yes. No.” She complained. “What am I gonna do?”