45. Amendments Aren't That Hard To Make.

“What? Like, now?” Logan raised his eyebrows.

“No, I was thinking next year.” Faith clenched her teeth. “Of course now! I can’t waste any more time than I already have.” She got up and started pacing back and forth.

“Faith!” He caught her by the arm and made her sit down on the bed. “Such a crazy little bitch. We will do something, okay?”

“What am I gonna say to mom and dad? They’d probably want to meet him. I don’t have a clue as to what I am to do Logan.” She cried in despair.

“We will figure something out okay?” Logan comforted his sister. “Come on. Let’s go downstairs. Mom and dad are waiting up.”

Liam sat in his chair, at his office, ravaging through endless files. He could not concentrate today; Faith was being missed badly. Every little thing reminded him of her in some silly way. The files reminded him of work, which reminded him of the fight they had. His cell phone reminded him of the several texts that she had sent him; yet now she didn’t even bother to call. His screen lit up with an incoming call from Haylee. He swiped the screen and answered the call.

“What is it Hayles?”

“Hello?” Haylee’s voice brimmed with excitement. “Liam! I have good news!”

“What?” He said grumpily, hoping for the news to be related to Faith.

“Faith just called me.”

“She did?” his lips curved upwards into a smile, but then they went back to normal. “She called you first. How is that supposed to be good news?”

“Listen to the entire thing first. She called me because she was scared of calling you. She’s terrified. I’ll tell you everything when you get home. Bye!”

“But hey… hello?” He looked at the screen and rolled his eyes. “She called? She called!” he smiled to himself. Suddenly, the boring office atmosphere seemed merry to him.

Liam rang the doorbell furiously. “Open up quick damn it!”

“Why do you have to ring the bell so many times? I heard it the first time.” Margaret scolded Liam.

“Where is Hayles?”

“She’s up in her room.”

Before her sentence was finished, Liam had already bolted in the direction of Haylee’s bedroom. The door was locked, and he knocked on it impatiently until she opened it and let him in.

“Tell me everything. Now!”

“Okay, sit.” Haylee gestured for him to settle down on her bean bag.

“I hate bean bags and you know that. I’d rather sit on your bed.”

“No, not in those clothes, you won’t.” She stopped him. “Either change first or sit down on the bean bag.”

They shared the quality of being cleanliness freaks, but right now, this was annoying the hell out of Liam. He sunk into the bean bag and made a face.

“This is so uncomfortable. Will you tell me already?”

“Okay, look. I woke up this morning, and the first thing I did was check my phone. I saw that I had a text from Faith. She said that she needed to talk about what happened. Then I called her immediately. We had a talk, and she seems pretty sorry for what she did. It was an impulsive decision. She said she’ll visit you a soon as can.” Haylee took a bow.