4. Fire in their Hearts.

When Faith regained consciousness, the first thing she saw was Liam sitting at the edge of the bed… far way. She was still on the floor where she had fainted.

“You couldn’t even put me on the bed?” As soon as she woke up, she was charged with energy again.

“Why should I?” he shrugged, “This is just an act. Don’t friggin’ act like you’re my wife for real.”

She lifted a cushion from the chair near her and threw it at him with full force.

“So how are we going to pull this off? Are you sure you’ll be okay on the couch?” Faith asked him, a big frown on her forehead.

Liam brought his eyebrows together, turned his head around and blankly stared at her for a few seconds. “What??”

“Yeah, because.” She put her right hand on her hip and moved the index finger of her left hand and her head in complementary circles, “We are not sharing a bed. Nuh uh.”

“I know that. But I won’t be the one to sleep on the couch.” Liam said angrily, and in a tone that marked his words as final.

Faith’s face fell and she said a few words under her breath before heading to the washroom. Liam took the opportunity and started changing into different clothes, trying to do it before she came out of the washroom, but he failed. Faith emerged out and the first thing her eyes fell on was Liam’s boxers. For a second she just stared and almost drooled. But she realized how awkward and embarrassing it was. She quickly turned around, but couldn’t stop a ‘wow’ from escaping her mouth.

All Faith could see even when she closed her eyes were Liam’s chiseled abs and the tiny sparse hair on his chest. She felt her body heat up and felt bad that it was because of Liam.

“Liam, I didn’t mean to…” She began.

“You can turn around now, I’m done. You have an awful timing by the way.”

"But I guess this will happen more often than we intend it to. We’re sharing a room you know.” He smirked.

Faith rolled her eyes. “I’ll make sure it doesn’t. I’ll start right now.” She took out some clothes from her suitcase and headed to the washroom. “No more accidents.” She smiled in a fake manner.

After she closed the door behind her, Liam kept staring at the washroom door before taking some time to think. She was the first girl outside family or a business that he was actually talking to. Now here they were, living together, pretending to be newlyweds. And not to forget, he had spoken more than five sentences today which were not related to work. He smiled to himself. He felt like the old Liam, the seventeen year old high school student, who enjoyed life and was utterly social.

When Faith came out in a noodle strap top and ultra short shorts, Liam eyed her from head to toe. He looked at her very carefully. Her hair that was in a messy ponytail that covered half her face and the clothes that entirely hid her figure-they were gone. Instead, her hair was let down in loose curls and her tiny waist was accentuated by the fitting clothes she wore. She was pretty. She was very pretty indeed. Liam felt a heat within him. A fire. For a man that had kept himself away from a relationship and women, this sure was going to change things.

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!