16. A Friend Indeed.

It was just the break of dawn. Liam’s alarm had not gone off yet. Faith moved in her sleep and turned over, breaking away from the embrace. She was now lying down with her stomach facing up. She could slowly make out something on top of her, and within two seconds, her eyes shot open.

She was looking to her right, and it took all her courage to look to her left. She saw Liam sleeping like a horse, with his arm along her chest. Her eyes widened. When she realized that she had just drawn away from the hug and had been hugging him too, she was embarrassed and nervous.

“Oh no no no no no….” She threw off his arm and sat up, covering herself with her arms. “What the hell happened?”

Liam grumbled in his sleep and his alarm went off at the same instant. He abruptly sat up on his bed and put it out. Then he looked at her. Seeing her all panicky and nervous, he naturally assumed that something was wrong.

“What’s the matter?” He asked, rubbing his eyes. “Bambi.” He grinned.

“Why was I hugging you?” She was on the brink of crying.

“You were hugging me?” He sounded surprised. Inside, he felt his heart flutter.

“And you were hugging me! Your hands were… everywhere they shouldn’t have been.”

Liam let out a soft giggle before getting out of bed. “Maybe we just hugged each other in our sleep. Because I don’t remember anything. But I had a great sleep!” he grinned.

That day, Faith didn’t want to eat locked up in her room. “I want to…” She paused, thinking he might get angry recalling what happened the last time.

“What?” He said casually, rummaging through the wardrobe, looking for something.

“Have breakfast in the hall.” She said fast and in a single breath, and immediately after she finished her sentence, Faith closed her eyes and covered her ears with both her ears.

Liam stopped what he was doing and stood still in his place, before turning around and looking at her. “Well…”

“Please!” She jumped out of bed and came in front of him, pleading with a puppy dog face. “Just once! It was so cool please!”

“Well, what do you find so cool about it? I hate dining with so many people around.” He went back to what he was doing.

“I like the beautiful tableware.” She stuck out her bottom lip and looked down, playing with the hem of her shirt. “And I like how they serve you the food. It feels so royal!”

“Well, that’s all you want right?” Liam asked her and she nodded.

“Okay, done. But for lunch, not now. I’ve already called in breakfast.”

She groaned a bit but then agreed. “Where are we going today?” She asked, plopping onto the edge of the bed.

“I don’t know. What do you wanna do today?”

“Shopping!” She flashed all her teeth, as she moved her feet to and fro and her shoulders from side to side. Liam couldn’t hold back a chuckle at how child like she was. She promptly got down and ran to where her suitcase was. She took out her wallet. It was still hidden beneath an array of clothes; she hadn’t needed it yet. She only had a little money in her purse for miscellaneous expenses. “With my money!” She opened her mouth into a mock laugh. “I won’t let you spend a single penny today.”

“Okay.” He shrugged, contrary to what she had expected.

“What? I mean, I do want to spend my own money, but at least you could have offered. Loser.” She made a face at him.