23. Love Is In The Air!

It was Liam and Faith’s last night in Paris. The next day, they would be leaving for LA. Faith packed their stuff, while Liam flipped the channels on the television.

“I’m so glad I came to Paris.” He said, smiling. His face indicated that he hadn’t been watching TV, but had been thinking about something.

“Me too!” faith looked up. “Me too! Did you know it was my dream to find a boyfriend in Paris?” She blushed.

“Really?” He turned off the TV and looked at her, giving her his full attention.

“Yeah!” She giggled. “But of course I never thought that I would. When I first saw you, I thought that a few days down the line, I’d be throwing darts on a picture of you.”

“How sweet of you.” He rolled his eyes. “Didn’t you like what you saw?” He smirked, his dimples appearing.

“Well, to be honest, I was kind of excited when I looked up and saw who I had bumped into. But then boom! You turned out to be a total jerk.”

“Yeah, okay. Whatever. I’m not a jerk now, am I?” He asked her cutely.

“Nooooo!” She puckered her lips and planted a peck on his lips. She cuddled him and ruffled his hair, her affection overflowing.

“Can you believe it? I’m taking you home with me!”

“Yeah, considering that you have said that to me at least a hundred times, I actually kind of do.”

*

*

*

“Good night!” Liam slipped into his blanket. “I’m sleeping early tonight.”

“Okay!” Her eyes were glued to the TV screen. She did not even bother to look at him, and instead, continued to stuff potato chips into her mouth. “Night.”

Liam chuckled to himself. This was finally the night for revenge. Faith had no idea what she was in for. After thirty minutes of wishing her a good night, Liam removed the blanket from his body and stepped out of bed. He made loud thumps on the ground as he walked, but Faith was too busy watching TV to notice. “What the hell?” He whispered to himself.

When she didn’t budge, he slowly walked over to the couch where she was sitting. Her legs were over the armrest, and she was lying down. The bowl of potato chips lay tilted on her stomach. Liam decided it was time for action.

“I have waited for years and years… and years.” He said in a deep voice.

Faith didn’t turn around; she just spoke with her eyes still on the television screen. “What is your problem dude? Go to sleep.”

“Son of a bitch.” He muttered under his breath, before speaking loudly again. “Your time has come Faith. Your time has come.”

“What are you…” She turned around, and as soon as she did, the chips fell out of her mouth.

What she saw wasn’t Liam, but somebody who looked like him, but with scary green eyes and blood smeared over his face. She looked over to the bed; the blanket was still elevated, which meant he was still sleeping in there. What the hell was this, then? His ghost?

She screamed. “Liam! Wake up!” She continued to throw chips at him until she ran out of them. Now the only way was to run. So she ran for her life. But to her dismay, the door was locked. It just wouldn’t open. “Liam!” She desperately called out. “There’s a ghost here!” She then directed her gaze to the ‘ghost’, and screamed. “What did you do to my boyfriend?! Did you take his body?” Tears were flowing down her cheeks now. Her eyes and nose were red, and her cheeks looked like little red Christmas tree balls amidst white snow.

“Oh my God Faith why did you have to cry?” He grumbled. “This was going so well. Come here, you little Bambi.” He pulled her into a tight hug.

Faith was too terrified to stop him from hugging her, but as soon as he took her into his arms, she recognized the familiar warmth. Anger replaced fear, and she went into severe action mode.

“Liam? LIAM?!” She pulled away, and wiped the blood from his face. The smell was familiar. On thinking a bit, she realized that she had prepared this for the Halloween party. And how could she forget those lenses he was wearing? That’s right, she couldn’t. They were hers!

“You fucking idiot!” She let go, and started hitting him all over his body in anger. “How could you do that to me?”

“Revenge is sweet, Bambi. You can’t blame me. Remember that night?”

Faith, not in a position to say anything now, angrily stomped on the ground. “I hate you!”

“But I don’t hate you.” He laughed. “I adore you baby. Please don’t be mad.”

“You look so stupid.” She feigned a laugh.

“I’m so sorry I scared my Bambi.” He hugged her again, and this time, she hugged him back with all her strength.

*

*

*

“I’m going to be flying first class!” She clapped her hands.

“What? First class?” His face wore an expression of disgust, like she wasn’t talking of flying first class, but in an old, battered truck.

“What?” she asked, confused.

“Wait and watch.” He smirked. They stepped out of the limousine, and Liam walked her to the runway of the airport. There weren’t any aircrafts there.

“Do you think we’ll fly using...uh wings?” She rolled her eyes.

“No, that.” He pointed towards a propelling noise, which became clearer by the second.

Faith turned around to see what it was. Her jaw fell. She nearly pushed him to the ground in excitement when she realized what she would be travelling in.

“Oh my God! Can you believe it? It’s a private jet!” She exclaimed. “Can you freaking believe it?” Her eyes twinkled.

“Umm… I own it, Faith.” Liam said.

“I know right? Like, it’s not even a plane!” She wasn’t making any sense.

Liam did a facepalm before shoving her inside the jet. She settled down in a comfortable seat, and ushered in all the luxury! When they were in the air, she read all the magazines one by one and when she ran out of things to do, she went and sat on Liam’s lap.

Whenever she saw something interesting, she would exclaim like a five year old. “Oh look! It’s a mountain.” “Oh my God, the river looks so cool!” “Liam, can you believe it? That’s the Pacific!”

However, her silly bouts of excitement didn’t bother him at all. In fact, he was enjoying holding her with his arms wrapped around her stomach. He barely heard a word she said. All he did was smell her hair, lay his head on her back and occasionally kiss her on the back of her neck. This was, indeed, the best flight of his life!

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!