6. Getting Ready For The Con

In the morning, Faith was up late and when she sat up on the bed, she saw Liam putting on a black leather jacket. She wasn’t sure if it was the fact that she still wasn’t completely awake, but he really nailed the look he was wearing.

“I thought you were all boring shirts and suits.” Faith said, rubbing her eyes. “Well, didn’t see that coming.”

“Cut the crap Faith. Here, hurry up!” Liam offered her a large white box, which had a huge pink bow on the lid. He went into the washroom and Faith opened the box. Her eyes went wide as she held up the beauty in front of her.

“Holy fish!” Faith screamed, “Liam, is this for me?” Faith eyed the beautiful red dress in her hands.

“Do you think it’s for me?” Liam asked, shutting the washroom door behind him.

“Oh my God! You’re actually not that bad!” Faith really liked the dress. It was evident from the way she was behaving.

“You know, as the “wife” of America’s richest person, you should have something classy on. Unlike what you were wearing last night.” Liam said, indicating that he was actually doing all this for his own reputation.

“Talking of last night.” He continued. “I couldn’t sleep. You gave me a nightmare with that sleepwalking shit you pulled off. Don’t. Do it. Again. Ever.”

“It’s not like I can help it. But you, being such a tough guy, you were scared?”

“I wasn’t scared!” Liam tried to fake an expression of nonchalance. “Will you hurry up?”

In the washroom, Faith took a moment to analyze the dress, even though Liam kept screaming outside for her to hurry up. She guessed that it must be really expensive. She put it on and checked herself out for what seemed like ages. Liam was leaning on the bathroom door, sure that this woman was not coming out anytime soon.

“What a bitch.” He looked at his watch, still leaning onto the door.

Faith pulled the door open, and caught him off-guard, and he fell in the direction he was leaning. He took Faith down with him, landing on the soft rug on the bathroom floor.

“Oh my God!! What a pervert!” Faith said, her eyes filled with disgust, Liam was on top of her. “Get off me!!”

Liam promptly pulled himself away and stared at her in shock. He was still processing what just happened. “What just happened?”

“Oh don’t put on a show.” Faith moved her finger in front of Liam’s face.

“Look you idiot. I was leaning on the door and you opened it without telling me.”

“Oh.” Faith said, before screaming out again, “Why would you do that?”

“You’re a bitch aren’t you? I was waiting and waiting. Look, I didn’t do it on purpose. Now let’s…hey!” his expression went from shut-up-and-listen to what-the-hell-you-bitch. “You’re not ready yet?!”

“I forgot my makeup bag there.”

“And you took an hour and thirty to put on that dress?” He screamed his wits out towards the end of the sentence.

“It’ll only be five more minutes, I promise.” Faith started to walk over to her bag, but Liam caught hold of her wrist. “Nope, I’m not losing any more time. Where’s your makeup?”

Faith pointed to the pink translucent vanity case on the nightstand. Liam grabbed it and unzipped it. He rummaged through its contents so wildly that Faith stared at him in bewilderment.

“Dude, seriously, is your behind on fire?” She exclaimed “Stop touching my makeup!”

Liam didn’t listen to her. Instead, he picked out a lipstick and held Faith by her waist. She was too startled to say anything. He neatly swiped the stick against her lips, turning them blood red. He then took out the scrunchie she’d been wearing around her hair, and let her hair fall on her bare back. He ran his fingers through her tresses, smoothing them out, and brought them to her right shoulder.

Liam dug into his pocket and fished out a diamond necklace.

“Wow. Okay.” Faith was awestruck. Liam clasped its ends together around her neck. Faith looked beautiful. He did a good job. He handed her a pretty designer clutch and sighed. “Finally! Let’s go.”

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!