44. Heart Over The Mind.

In an hour, she landed in NYC. She got off the plane, and headed outside the airport.

She looked for Logan in the crowd of people; he had said he would pick her up from the airport. She finally spotted his familiar face, smiling at her. She rushed forward and hugged him.

“I missed you so much! How have you been?”

“Whoa whoa!” Logan laughed. “You’ve gotten heavier!”

“Really?” She smiled. “Thanks!”

“Let’s hop into my new car!”

Faith laughed, but then a dead expression took over her face. “A new car?! When did that happen?”

“Just been a day, relax! I had been saving for quite some time now.”

“A day?” Faith chuckled. “It’s been a day and you haven’t even told me yet?”

“Like you told me when you started going out with that Liam dude.” He retorted.

Faith’s face fell and she looked away. “Let’s go home. Can’t wait to meet mom and dad.”

“Hey!” He held her back as he gripped her arm. “What happened?”

If this was her mom, dad or a friend who had been asking this question, Faith would probably have dodged the question successfully. But this was Logan. They had shared a womb for God’s sake! She just could not lie to him. His prying eyes looked into hers and filled up with concern.

“Don’t tell me you guys broke up.” He tilted his head.

“Logan…” Her lips puckered up and the tears that she had been holding back finally broke out.

“Faith! Let me take you home, let’s talk about it in the car okay?”

She nodded, while Logan picked up her stuff and shoved it into the booting space.

“Whoa Logan, this car is so damn wicked. I feel like I’m in one of Liam’s…” her voice trailed off. She tried to change the topic. “I like it. Could you let me drive it too?”

“How about no?” Logan pressed his lips together. “Whenever I let you use any of my stuff, it ends up with a broken part or a scratch. I can’t risk my car.”

“What a jerk.” She crossed her arms, as her brother got into the driver’s seat beside her. He started the car and they were on their way home.

“So… are you gonna tell me?” he asked, his eyes on the road.

“Let’s go home first. I’m not in my best mood.”

“Fine.” He shrugged. “So how was Paris?”

“Paris was amazing! Liam and I…” She stopped speaking.

“Oh, this is gonna be great!” Logan grinned. Faith looked out of the window and thought about it. Did she really do the right thing?

Logan parked the car, as their parents came outside their house to greet Faith.

“Hey! How are you? I don’t believe I let you stay over at Liam Armstrong’s place, but I reckon he’s been very nice to you. Hasn’t he?” Her mom said with a spurt of mixed up emotions, while her dad silently smiled and gave her a hug.

“Yeah mommy. He’s been really nice to me.” Faith bit her lower lip as she realized how true her sentence was, even though they had a fallout in the end. Her level of guilt for leaving him without a proper goodbye went up a notch, and she could feel her heart wrench.

“Logan, put her stuff into her room. I’ll make you something nice to eat!” Her mother smiled and headed to the kitchen, while her dad sat down on the couch with a newspaper.

“Perfect Sunday morning isn’t it?” Her mom exclaimed from the kitchen. “I’ve missed you so much!”

“Me too, mom.” She smiled.

“There you go!” Logan said as he placed the last of her bags on her bedroom floor. “Now, you tell me every little thing.”

Faith started explaining her whole story to Logan. How she first met Liam and tried to be nice, but he kept pissing her off. She told her how they ended up posing as a married couple and had to share the same room for two weeks. Logan’s eyes widened and for a second he couldn’t get words to come out of his mouth. Faith went on to describe how they developed feelings for each other, and Logan nodded saying that it was bound to happen. She told him about their first kiss and their stay in LA.

“And that night we…” She stopped, biting her tongue to stop speaking further…”umm… we had a good time.” She nodded.

“You had sex didn’t you?” Logan shook his head. “I thought you’d die a virgin.”

“Logan! Shut up!” Embarrassment turned her face red. This was the last thing she wanted to discuss with her brother.

“Okay, will you get to the point now?” he rolled his eyes.

Faith told him about the fight they had on her last night there and how she had also gone to his office to pay him a visit, still hoping that he would maybe listen. But his assistant had said that he was in a very bad mood and didn’t want to meet anybody.

“Faith, you’re such a kid. You ran away because of that?” Logan shook his head at her again. “The guy obviously loves you.”

“And I don’t?” She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms in frustration. “You don’t understand me.”

“No, Faith. You overreacted.” He said, pressing his lips together. “I understand that the guy is too busy. You shouldn’t have pushed him like that.”

“Who are you?” Faith’s mouth fell.

“I’m just helping you out here.” He defended himself, his voice brimming with expertise. He had been in a steady relationship in the past, although it didn’t work out in the end, but he knew how to sustain one. “I know he shouldn’t have vented out all his anger on you, but he’s a human being after all. And guys are naturally aggressive, you know.”

Faith was now struggling to justify her actions.

“Think about it. He really loves you I guess. And you did a very childish thing. Think about it before it’s too late.”

Faith was torn between her heart and her mind. Her face was clouded with confusion, and slowly she came to realize that this wasn’t the best decision of her life.

“Oh my God, I screwed up.”

“There you go!” Logan chuckled.

“I’m going back, Logan! I’m going back!”

Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter! ♡